Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,733   Online: 807

Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26667071727374757677787980818286126 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [quote=ic-racer Your darkroom looks great.
    Was that Durst baseboard ever used as a door at any time in its life ?[/quote]

Well spotted. The baseboard was not in good shape when I bought it. There were a few custom switches and some old wiring coming from the side which I removed. I filled some holes, sanded it back and painted over the original laminate finish but maintained the original alignment compass thingy in the middle. Still haven't figured out how that works!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My 3 day old darkroom. The plumbing is a temporary fix and I still need to build the dry side and sort out an easel, but I'm loving printing again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice spaces! Well I am promoting to a bigger darkroom as well. Still the washing area will be outside the actual darkroom but better as it is now. Now I am on the hunt for free tables and stuff to put my trays, enlargers on etc. I will take some pics and post them here later.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Would anyone please point me into the right direction for helping keep the actual room at a norm temp? I'm building out the DR in a uncontroled garage. Plumbing etc., water panel and drainage have been thought of but since living in NJ the temp changes are drastic.

I'd like to think of a way, study the best way, of keeping the room at a even temp. But I'm of course worried about the flux in temp for the chems when the room is not being used.

Any leads please?
    Thank you much.
    T

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's been a while since I've posted mine, and in fact I think my photos from this thread have been deleted a long time ago, so I might as well post again.

It's been modified a fair bit (well, almost as much as you can do given the space) to accommodate my 4x5 enlarger and allow me to print up to 16x20 (still gotta get the trays). I picked up the 16x20 easel that's under the 4x5 enlarger a few weeks back for $1 (I still can't believe it!)!

I'm also meaning to get some lens boards machined up for the 4x5 enlarger, because they literally don't exist on any market, but that's easy enough to do. Also need a plug for my smaller enlarger so I can get both up and running again. It's been a while now since I've printed anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom3.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had a darkroom in a garage that faced west: In the summer, I printed early in the morning. In the winter, I used an oil-filled radiator (I still use it in my current basement darkroom) to maintain temp. I think you are going to have to find different solutions for different seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Would anyone please point me into the right direction for helping keep the actual room at a norm temp? I'm building out the DR in a uncontroled garage. Plumbing etc., water panel and drainage have been thought of but since living in NJ the temp changes are drastic.

I'd like to think of a way, study the best way, of keeping the room at a even temp. But I'm of course worried about the flux in temp for the chems when the room is not being used.

Any leads please?
    Thank you much.
    T

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I am in the process of getting a darkroom built, and my question has to do with installing Doran louvers to go with the Doran ventilation fan. The louver part (12" x 12") will go into a new wall that will divide the darkroom from a larger space. The new wall is a proper wall, built with 2x4s and drywall. The contractor has pointed out the the louvers are thinner than the wall, and finished on only one side. He wondered why I hadn't bought two of these so I'd have a finished part on both sides of the wall. While I'm not so concerned about the look being finished I'm just confused about exactly which way the louvers should go and how to fit them into the wall. I'm aware that I also need to put a filter in to keep out the dust but I'm not sure which side it goes on, the darkroom side or the adjoining room side. The filter needs to be accessible for cleaning too. Is there a particular way to install these louvers known only to secret societies? (I do not find a Doran website after a quick search.) I'm not sure who else would know, the marketing people at Freestyle Photo or B&H? Not likely but they may get the questions often. I'd appreciate any answers or suggestions of where to inquire.

Here are the links to the B&H website which show Doran louvers.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...specifications

Sara

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you also have the fans?
    Is this of any help? http://www.newdark.com.au/productinf...roductID=16421

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I built my first darkroom for myself and im not my enemy yet.
    Here is a rough sketch of my DR. Excuse my poor tablet drawing. Ill ad pix later

I simply installed a normal kitchen sink in a durable counter. This saved me a lot of money over stainless steel, but that is the one thing I would change if I could.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom plan.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm

Doran louvers

ic-racer,

I do have a ventilation fan. And it finally occurred to me, after I posted my question, to look for installation instructions in the box with the louvers. The emphasis however tends to be on installing the fan, rather than the louvers. And the drawings also indicate that one should mount the louvers in the LOWER part of the wall rather than the UPPER, where I'd planned to. My husband is an engineer and says that the positive air from the air conditioner in the adjoining room will be cool and will tend to fall. I hope it will be okay. The ventilation fan will be installed just above the back splash of the sink.

I really appreciate your response.

Sara

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin