Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,646   Online: 696

Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 27677172737475767778798081828387127 ... LastLast
    CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GJA View Post
    I built my first darkroom for myself and im not my enemy yet ...
    Welcome from another NH darkroom builder. I have yet to post a portrait of my new space.

C

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here are a couple of pics of my Doran Louver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doran Louver 002.jpg   Doran Louver 003.jpg   Doran Louver 004.jpg   Doran Louver 005.jpg  
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    35mm
    Jerold,

I had seen the website below a month or so ago and had forgotten that this was why I had decided the louvers should go higher on the wall:

"By pushing the chemical vapors in the sink down and back towards the rear of the sink, it keeps them out of the respiratory system of the person working over the sink. So, its important to place the light tight louvers above the head of the printer, and not what is typically found in most darkroom as shown below. Note 2 indicates that make-up air should enter the room at the eight (8) foot level."

http://www.eepjon.com/Drvent.htm

Not sure how much difference this will make but I'll keep the framing where it is (higher), rather than change it.

I like your solution for the inside-the-darkroom vent cover and appreciate the photos very much.

Sara

Shooter
    35mm
    I went to Home Depot to get a vent cover for the interior of the dark room (like Jerold's) and found it, but couldn't find a filter that my contractor had talked about: blue, plastic (or fiberglass?) ,washable, and which probably would have to be cut down from a larger sheet. So I bought the only 12x12x1 filter that is not washable, but seems to fiter down to very fine particles (mites and pollen and mold spores). It's a Natural Aire Standard with an 8 rating. It's white and fibrous. I hope it isn't so fine as to block the flow of air or that fibers will blow around.

Can anyone recommend a filter for the louvers to combat dust?

Sara

Sara

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
    I went to Home Depot to get a vent cover for the interior of the dark room (like Jerold's) and found it, but couldn't find a filter that my contractor had talked about: blue, plastic (or fiberglass?) ,washable, and which probably would have to be cut down from a larger sheet. So I bought the only 12x12x1 filter that is not washable, but seems to fiter down to very fine particles (mites and pollen and mold spores). It's a Natural Aire Standard with an 8 rating. It's white and fibrous. I hope it isn't so fine as to block the flow of air or that fibers will blow around.

Can anyone recommend a filter for the louvers to combat dust?

Sara

Sara
    Not a direct answer to your question, but I use one of those recirculating HEPA filter units that I keep running to suck up the ambient dust.

http://www.honeywellcentral.com/hone...-purifiers.php

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    With the relatively small amount of air flow, you won't need to change the filter much. I have not changed mine in three years.

The HEPA filter is a good idea. I don't have one but most people say they work great. If you happen to have a central vacuum system, use that for cleaning so the dust is not simply re-circulated.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Darkroom

I have been a photographer for over 40 years, professionally for almost 30 of them. After leaving the news business due to a layoff and slowing down of the news industry in general I switched careers to IT. Finally after moving to New Mexico and retiring last year I built my new darkroom using all of the equipment that I had stored since moving here. This, hopefully, will be my last and best facility.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh, Rick. Sigh........

Exceedingly nice digs!!!!

Welcome aboard APUG by the way

Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rick. just amazing. I really like that you put a white reflective above the safe light. Smart.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting Rick. Its nice to see, and get ideas from a real pro-style analog setup. Excellent attention to detail, like the white area above the safelight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin