Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,274   Online: 841

Page 78 of 130 FirstFirst ... 28687273747576777879808182838488128 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have recently installed three Doran 12X12 louvers in my darkroom. Two high and one low, mainly because that is where I could place them without getting in the way of something on the other side. There is a finishing piece that can be placed on the other side. I took some black foam board and built a box between the sheetrock, taping it carefully with gaffers tape to prevent sucking insulation/dust in from the void between the walls. Can't tell you how it works yet, as the project continues. Should be up and running in a few weeks. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Large Format
    That is a real nice set up, rick. Laboratory-like, clean, functional..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is my -almost finished - darkroom.

The place is still a bit cluttered and messy, but it works...

I'm adding a new cabinet next to the enlarger, on top of which I'll put the time and other stuff..

The sink is a bit small, but deep, and at this end I can print there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2666.JPG   IMG_2668.JPG  
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to Jerold and ic-racer for their suggestions for keeping down darkroom dust. Besides a filter to fit inside the ventilation louvers I have some (ionic--?) Saba filters on hand which were purchased for general use by my husband who has allergies. (They no longer seem to be available to purchase.) I don't know if they have the effectiveness of hepa filters but will start out with them and see if I can need to find space for the much larger hepa filter systems.

Sara

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    ic-racer,

The white patch above the safelight was painted because my previous darkroom had a lower ceiling which increased the ambient light enough to see the print in the developer. Instead of buying and installing another light I just added the patch which worked out just right.

Shooter
    35mm
    Rick,

I'm curious about your gray walls. I thought Ansel recommended white walls for more reflected light, except for the area around the enlarger, which should be a matte black. Have recommendations been revised, or are there just many variables which determine one's choice of color?

Sara

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sara,

I'm not sure what safelight Ansel used, but with my sodium vapor light I get a lot of output. In my former darkroom with 8 foot ceilings and a smaller footprint I didn't need white walls to view the print in the developer adequately, hence the roughly 18% gray walls to reduce reflections.

In my new darkroom which is 11x14 feet with 10 foot ceilings I still kept the roughly the same color walls but found that the light wasn't quite as bright as I like. I added the white patch to add a little more output. I now have just enough light to view the print in the developer easily without fogging any paper I have out.

Bottom line to answer your question about variables, yes, I'm sure there are many different opinions about wall color. For me, I just prefer the gray.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Rick,

It is pretty obvious you had planned everything to work well in your space but I had to ask (out loud).

Sara

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey guys, this is my lab that I made in a small room at my apartment.

Yan Boechat
    São Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats quite a large air conditioner unit Yan, must be freezing in your darkroom.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin