Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,249   Online: 989

Page 80 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30707475767778798081828384858690 ... LastLast
    ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    I want a darkroom like that sooooooo bad.
    Tim,

I did too, so I built one into half (11'X20') of my 2 car garage (I was willing to give up the space for cars as I live in (So)California and parking outside all year isn't much of an issue). This gave me a processing sink 36" X 19.6', as well as separate washing sink all within a standard "wet side - dry side" arrangement with double door light/dust trap. Drop table and wall mount enlarger on the dry side allow routine prints up to 30"X40".

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    ROL,

Love your space... I'm doing the same exact thing right now, just scaled down a little. I am using most of my 1 car garage for my new darkroom.. 13' x 9'. Sink will be 10' long. I have to share space with the water heater, but that only takes 30" x 30" of the corner. (hot water won't take too long to warm up)

I found a 36" revolving door locally. (thanks kevin) The door makes a great babysitter for my kid... better than spongebob!

More pics to come...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom 010sm.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Tim,

I did too, so I built one into half (11'X20') of my 2 car garage (I was willing to give up the space for cars as I live in (So)California and parking outside all year isn't much of an issue). This gave me a processing sink 36" X 19.6', as well as separate washing sink all within a standard "wet side - dry side" arrangement with double door light/dust trap. Drop table and wall mount enlarger on the dry side allow routine prints up to 30"X40".
    It's hard when you live in an apartment.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Really nice darkroom , lots of space well thought out and nice finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Thought I posted these years ago, but here they are now - trying to keep it to 3 or 4 posts per year :

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OOOOO! NICE!
    -Lori

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just plain gorgeous. And, yes, I'm jealous too.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for the complements. It's a real commitment to build a working darkroom these days. The attached (house) garage arrangement works fine for my maximium print size (30X40), but that left only 9'X20' of unfinished, garage-like space in the remainder of the garage for the presentation area. It's a bit cramped with tools, kayaks, bike racks, etc. and swinging around 36"X48" matted prints can be risky - I could use at least twice the space to feel more comfortable - but you work with what you got (or are left with, especially these days). When not mounting, the wife uses the desk space for her office, now that she works at home. FYI - The DR dryside is on the other side of the finished wall (the one with the matted print rejects) to the left of garage entry from house:

Robert - watch out for the flourescent lighting lag - I decided on temperature adjusted (low voltage) halogen incandescent cans and spots throughout the DR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Oliver View Post
    ROL,

Love your space... I'm doing the same exact thing right now, just scaled down a little. I am using most of my 1 car garage for my new darkroom.. 13' x 9'. Sink will be 10' long. I have to share space with the water heater, but that only takes 30" x 30" of the corner. (hot water won't take too long to warm up)

I found a 36" revolving door locally. (thanks kevin) The door makes a great babysitter for my kid... better than spongebob!

More pics to come...
    Robert,your construction looks about the same when I built mine,also in garage with a ten foot sink.However I did not put enough electrical outlets in,three to a side is not enough.Also put a small window air conditioner with the back side is inside the garage,wish it stuck out the outside wall of garage thus producing less heat in the garage. Of course the reg stuff Insulation,pluming,at least to water outlets, exhaust fan,going to add another exhaust fan at tray level that comes out to out side of garage. Have fun

Mike C

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    the flourescent lights are gone already.... replaced with recessed lighting. I have wired in a tray light about 3' above the sink for print preview. I have a wall switched outlet on the ceiling for safelights.

I think there are now 10 outlet boxes in the room. There is a ceiling mounted 220v junction box for a future 8x10 durst.

Other features.... vacuum attachment built into the wall that is switched on from the darkroom (vacuum is outside of darkroom in the remaining garage). air hose built into the wall connected to filtered air compressor in the garage.

I am using a 300cfm negative pressure system... sucking air through two 14x14 inch air filters. it will be easy to upgrade the fan if I decide I need more air flow. The space is also hooked into the central ac / furnace.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like youve got it all covered,neg. pressure how does that work?

Mike C.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin