Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,609   Online: 915

Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 33737778798081828384858687888993 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    The enlargers are opposite the raised sink? How high is the ceiling?
    Yup, they are. It's quite low with 2.07 meters / 81". Why do you ask?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
    Yup, they are. It's quite low with 2.07 meters / 81". Why do you ask?
    I had provision a cut out or ceiling extension for my DeVere to be able to reach full height.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I had provision a cut out or ceiling extension for my DeVere to be able to reach full height.
    Ow lucky you
    When we were doing the ceiling I totally forgot about the height of my enlarger and when we started putting the darkroom together I was like, shoit, I need to work with a lower table to fit it in

Now that I'm slowly looking for an 8x10 enlarger, I am facing some serious problems. We are thinking about moving between now and 3 yrs or so, so I'll just postpone that hole in the ceiling a bit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @Contrastique: Your darkroom is indeed looking nice but I have the feeling it was also a good excuse to show your new wet plate camera. Which is a beauty by the way. When will you start messing around with it? (sorry for being a bit of topic)

Can't use mine now because I have to much stuff in it.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter de Groot View Post
    @Contrastique: Your darkroom is indeed looking nice but I have the feeling it was also a good excuse to show your new wet plate camera. Which is a beauty by the way. When will you start messing around with it? (sorry for being a bit of topic)

Can't use mine now because I have to much stuff in it.
    Hey Peter, The showing off of that camera I already did in another thread it was more for the darkroom itself with the new modifications and the camera happens to be situated there for the moment.
    I have started ordering all the chemicals, waiting for a final password to a chem-site. The silver nitrate should arrive anytime, as should its darkbox, the collodion has already been ordered etc. I hope I can start next month or so.... following an online course by Quinn atm so I should be doing fine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ah ok. I have missed that one then.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Finally finished the darkroom sink!

Took me all of 13 months of on again off again work building a sink from scratch. Finished it this weekend and as an added measure I framed in the walls as well. Since this is in the basement and I only have time to print well after dark and the kids are in bed I never have to worry about stray light. Even still it will be nice to have finished walls and a door.

Big thanks to everyone here for tons of examples and all the discussions. I'm trying to soak it all in.

Alan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DK_sink_plumbing01.jpg   DK_sink_plumbing02.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nicely done, Alan! You might keep an eye out for an Intellifaucet that will control temperature automatically. They show up cheap on eBay and Craigslist like other darkroom equipment occasionally. It's not absolutely necessary, but since you've got a filtration system in place and have access to all the relevant plumbing, it wouldn't be hard to install.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bateleur View Post
    My new modest darkroom, on its maiden run…

On the left a nova print pod under a ventilation unit, next to it rinse water, since I do not have running water and therefore refresh the water from time to time. The prints are washed in the kitchen. The enlarger on the right, although with a colour head is used to print exclusively black and white. Out of the picture on the right is the rest of my work surface. Behind is a storage cupboard which is fully light tight for loading spirals for negative development, as the rest of the room is dark enough for printing but certainly not enough to load spirals!

Regards
    Charles
    Very nice!!! I like the "in action" shot!

Just out of curiosity, have you had any issues with fogging with that big safelight pointed right at your paper easel?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Very nice!!! I like the "in action" shot!

Just out of curiosity, have you had any issues with fogging with that big safelight pointed right at your paper easel?

-Dan

Thank you, Dan. I was worried about that too, so my first "exposure" was one of 10 minutes or so of a sheet of paper placed in the easel with just a coin in the center, the idea being should there be any interference by the safe light I would see some grey about the edge of the coin - and see a white border too. After processing the sheet was pure white. Phew!

Regards
    Charles
    Regards
    Charles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin