Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 715

Page 85 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35757980818283848586878889909195 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Basement Darkroom

Some photos of my darkroom. In the basement-advantages-stable temp, 68 in winter and 70 in summer!. Very dark. Disadvantages-also part of the laundry room as seen, no finished ceiling, although I have not had big dust problems yet. 4X5 and 35mm enlargers. I have my trays on the workbench with a slop sink around the corner. Storage in bins underneath. I just wish I had more time to use it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom 1.jpg   Darkroom 2.jpg   Darkroom 3.jpg   Darkroom 4.jpg   Darkroom 5.jpg  

Darkroom 6.jpg   Darkroom 7.jpg   Darkroom 8.jpg   Darkroom 9.jpg   Darkroom 11.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm

One more

Another shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom 12.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does any one have too much darkroom time? Looks functional and adaptable.

Tools are an often overlooked darkroom necessity. Though if you are using the saws to cut negatives you may have too much hardener in your fix 8-)
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

JCT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Some photos of my darkroom. In the basement-advantages-stable temp, 68 in winter and 70 in summer!. Very dark. Disadvantages-also part of the laundry room as seen, no finished ceiling, although I have not had big dust problems yet. 4X5 and 35mm enlargers. I have my trays on the workbench with a slop sink around the corner. Storage in bins underneath. I just wish I had more time to use it!
    What a funny coincidence, I was just about to *finally* post on this thread (and yes, I've gone through the whole thing...) when I saw your pics. Came home from a really ridiculous day at work and my husband called me down to the basement (I was sure there was some sort of disaster) but NO -- apparently he had a corner of the basement completely cleared out for me, it used to house an old bathroom so a fair amount of work had to be done. What a great surprise, I finally get to set up my Saunders enlarger!

He found me some huge stainless sink (8 ft!) for a song, so that will take up one wall. I just need to install a table -- Mike, I like yours, where did you get them?

I will post before and after pics -- I am very stoked. Sure will be better than the attic bathroom I took over -- with the slanted roof and extreme heat. Boo!

JT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd bet there heavy duty garage shelves but I'm sure he'll chime in later.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, those are the tables. Got them at Home Depot. I covered them with plastic sheeting I got at a fabric store. Good Luck with your setup, JT! It will be nice to have a big sink too.
    Last edited by Mike W; 09-30-2009 at 05:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks grahamp-I have not used the hammer yet!

JCT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Mike-- They are exactly what I am looking for, I'll drop my the local Home Depot and take a look.

I don't have a ton of room, so I have to make everything as functional as possible.

But at least I can now stand up when I use an enlarger .

JT

3e8

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Right now, my bedroom is my darkroom. I have a fairly comfortable dry side setup with a 4X5 enlarger and another 6x7 enlarger. My wet processing is done in the attached bathroom, which is a little cramped, but works well enough for the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3e8,that's a nice enlarging box for the omega.If you ever move it looks portable.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin