Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,119   Online: 962

Page 86 of 130 FirstFirst ... 36768081828384858687888990919296 ... LastLast
    3e8

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It was actually a freebie off of craigslist. It is completely disassemble-able, with just the removal of screws. It was actually about 3" too wide for my bedroom door, so we had to disassemble it to get it in.

The top shelf can be adjusted to different heights, and there is a removable shelf at the top that I just leave off.

The positioning of the enlarger is nice because I couldn't use my 16X20 easel for smaller formats than 11x14 when the enlarger was mounted on a baseboard.

Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    3e8,that's a nice enlarging box for the omega.If you ever move it looks portable.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's a swell nightstand you've got there, 3e8! I love the lamp. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bateleur View Post
    Hi Dan,

Good suggestion, I'll give it a try!
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for the tip about flashing the paper to make it more sensitive. I ran the test last night (after a long darkroom hiatus) and a clear white sheet of paper was my reward.
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    Some additional work is still needed here. The room is about 18' x 12'. The sink is just over 10' long and 36" wide. Seen on the dry side is a Super Chromega F Dichroic II enlarger. The electronics area and the lens cabinet are not visible in this picture. There is a refrigerator for film and paper storage.
    Nice work.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Newest darkroom item. CLS head for the enlarger.
    The very frustrating thing for me was to have a light source that was not perfectly even (coldlight) when I had an enlarger chassis (Durst) made by the folks that claim to have the most even 10x10 light source ever put on the market (CLS head).

So, through some luck and serendipity, I wound up with an easily repaired CLS head to put on my Durst chassis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I had that I'd never leave the darkroom !!! And die of lack of Vitamin D (or is it E ??).

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    If I had that I'd never leave the darkroom !!! And die of lack of Vitamin D (or is it E ??).

Bob H
    Vitamin D, I believe. Your body would cease absorbing calcium and you would collapse into a pile of brittle bone fragments.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Vitamin D, I believe. Your body would cease absorbing calcium and you would collapse into a pile of brittle bone fragments.
    Wouldnt you just turn into Gollum? I could live with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post

Bob H
    As complicated and expensive as the power supply to this beast, it really comes down to powering a 120V bulb and a 24v fan. The rest of the head is all mechanical. Not unlike the Chromega. So, the backup plan on this one was to just run the bulb off the mains through a hefty relay.

Turns out, by replacing a $1 resistor, I got it all working the way it was intended.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What function is the control unit on the separate stand performing?

Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin