Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 649

Page 9 of 130 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151959109 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    After looking at all these darkrooms, I'm almost embarrassed to post pictures of mine. I live in a small, very small one bedroom house that I rent, so the bathroom was already a dual purpose room, bathroom, and laundry room. I figured one more purpose couldn't hurt too much, so I put my enlarger (an old Elwood 5x7) in there (it blocks one of the 2 doors into the room), and I use the washer and dryer as my 'work surface' and the little sink to wash prints and film. I put a print washer in the shower (luckily there's a bathtub in the bedroom) as well as clothes pins hung from the shower curtain rod to dry prints & film (I even added an extra rod so I can dry 12 sheets of 4x5 at a time) It's a bit cramped at times, but it does the job well, as well as leaving the commode free for use as it is, so no conversions are needed. The only hassle is moving around stuff when I do laundry.

-Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L3665230.jpg   L3665231.jpg   L3665232.jpg   L3665233.jpg   L3665235.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Behold! Very spacious, I bet you are all jealous now. I didn't take photos of my sink 7 drying chamber. (Aquarium with cloths pins on the floor.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newdr1.jpg   newdr2.jpg  
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wagner
    No pictures of darkroom as it is constantly in flux. However, a question (that may have arisen before)...

Circumstances have caused me to arrange my trays from right to left (ie, develop on right, move prints left to process). Am I committing a "cardinal sin"? I know I always taught left to right for processing. Needless to say, I am the only one using the facility.

Tom
    Nothing wrong there, I move mine the same way, it all moves towards the faucet end of the sink where the rinse tray is. Sensible workplow pattern.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bare bones darkroom

This is an interesting thread with quite the variety of darkrooms from professional to temporary setups. Mine is pretty bare bones, I'm using the old kitchen base cabinet as my dry side and the washing tubs as the wet side. This is in the basement of an old Victorian house, they must have been small people back then, the ceiling is less than six feet. I have the head of the enlarger situated between the beams.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom1.jpg   Darkroom2.jpg  
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS
    After looking at all these darkrooms, I'm almost embarrassed to post pictures of mine. I live in a small, very small one bedroom house that I rent, so the bathroom was already a dual purpose room, bathroom, and laundry room.

-Mike
    Mike

While a few here have large comfortable full featured darkrooms the ones of most interest to me are like yours, really interesting to see how much can be accomplished with so little.

Clayton

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I spend a lot of time in these rooms. Love it here, Everything I need to get lost. Just love it in here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom 1.jpg   Darkroom2.jpg   Darkroom5.jpg   Darkroom8.jpg  
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    here is what im currently using as a darkroom, a laundry room that works quite well, using 3 8x10 trays for RC or 4 for fiber and am quite comfortable, washing is done in the basin in a large tub with holes to circulate water

im using an omega d-II 4x5 enlarger with aristo cold light head
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom2.jpg  
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have any photographs of my darkroom (yet) but, I do have an Autocad image! Maybe I'm a computer geek but it's been very helpful to render and design the cabinetry/layout before I build anything.

The room itself is only 1.8m x 3m and I have to share it with two hot water tanks (not shown, at the end opposite the door). The red box in the foreground is a cabinet for my Omega D enlarger. It's a bit short since our ceilings are only 7 feet (you can tell I'm a Canadian because of the mixed units of measure). Still , I don't have enough clearance to raise the head all the way.

My wet counter is sloped at 2 degrees into a big porcelain farmhouse sink. I have a dry counter along the opposite wall (both not shown). The oblong red object under the wet counter is the cats' litter box. I don't recommend one of these in any darkroom but, I've gotta share.

I enjoy seeing pictures of all your darkrooms but I'd love to hear what your favorite feature is. If your friend was builiding a darkroom, what would your one recommendation be? Mine would be my sloped wet counter, it puts the trays at a nice height and any spills just flow downhill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's my darkroom!

The room is about 2m x 2m and so the sink and work table were made specifically for the size of the room. I got the plans from the 'Build Your Own Home Darkroom' text. The plans were great and the execution was really simple. I can't recommend the book enough.

The room is so small that when I replaced my Omega B-600 with the Beseler 23CII, I had to place the Beseler sideways on the table! Oh well, it all works and I'm a happy chap!!

Cheers,
    Kent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00158.JPG   DSC00160.JPG   DSC00161.JPG   DSC00164.JPG  
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Images
    This is a great thread.
    The people with large, well equipped, single purpose darkrooms are surely dedicated and fortunate. But IMHO the one's with those tiny, inconvenient, temporary darkrooms that have to be completely set up and taken down for every session are true heroes of analog photography. The quality of work that I have seen come out of those difficult conditions is remarkable.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin