Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,416   Online: 943

Page 97 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4787919293949596979899100101102103107 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    David,
    There is filtered rain water and filtered town water. I have a small H.W.S. to go outside. I have left the plumbing to the last, after the benches so I don't have to fiddle around so much. The plumbing will be on the outside wall in poly.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am so glad that this thread has finally rolled over to a new page. I was getting sick and tired of those huge pictures on the last page loading every time I came to see a new post!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    What a great thread. I am actually going to begin the process of setting up my darkroom within the next two weeks. In the process of moving the old darkroom over to my house. Inherited some old but functioning equipment from my Dad. I still remember the many hours spent there as a teenager. The member photos give me some ideas on what to do for the new darkroom. Thanks!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This might be of interest to a few others.. I was trying to brainstorm a few darkroom reorganization ideas and rather than go through the pain of manually shifting everything around and discovering I wasn't into the new layout, I found that Ikea has a free visualizer available. The pre-designed objects are obviously all Ikea, but you can use the generic room dimensions, room objects (walls, etc), and similar Ikea objects to derive a rough idea and then view it in 2D or 3D:

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/rooms_i...hplanners.html
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm

My Old darkroom

After moving to NYC a couple of years ago, I haven't had the time to set up a darkroom, but you can see a few pictures of my old setup here in this FaceBook album. I really miss it, and most of the equipment is in storage at a friend's house back home. As it turns out, it's not at all cost effective to have most of it shipped up here.

I have been processing film though, and there's a place here that rents darkrooms by the hour, so I may have to get over there soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out your local colleges. Several of them will let you join their photo club, usually cost-free or a small 'chemical cost' fee, sometimes per semester. Others rent their darkrooms out for a small amount for less that some other places charge. Then too, you might put an ad on WTT here and find someone not far from you that will let you use theirs.
    Tim Flynn

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    After moving to NYC a couple of years ago, I haven't had the time to set up a darkroom, but you can see a few pictures of my old setup here in this FaceBook album. I really miss it, and most of the equipment is in storage at a friend's house back home. As it turns out, it's not at all cost effective to have most of it shipped up here.

I have been processing film though, and there's a place here that rents darkrooms by the hour, so I may have to get over there soon.
    Trey, as far as cost effectiveness - don't underestimate the cost of familiarity and predictability. You know your equipment, and you know it works correctly. Buying something new means you'll have to go back into vetting the new purchase for consistency once again.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doesn't it only make sense that the first photo I made in my new darkroom would be a photo of my new darkroom?

Just put it together in the workshop in my basement. I wasn't using the room for anything but storage so I cleaned it out and put it to good use

Still working on getting all the dust out. I have to dust and wet mop every time I use it but it's slowly getting better.

I'm out of practice because it's been so long since I worked in a darkroom. But this one is mine! ALL MINE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom-11811.jpg  
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    Doesn't it only make sense that the first photo I made in my new darkroom would be a photo of my new darkroom?

Just put it together in the workshop in my basement. I wasn't using the room for anything but storage so I cleaned it out and put it to good use

Still working on getting all the dust out. I have to dust and wet mop every time I use it but it's slowly getting better.

I'm out of practice because it's been so long since I worked in a darkroom. But this one is mine! ALL MINE!
    Randy:

Looks great!

One thing you might check though - if that is a safelight to the left of your enlarger, it looks to be quite close to the easel. I would do a safelight check if I were you.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I moved the safelight since the photo was taken.

You're right. It was too close. But, more importantly, it only lit up part of the room.
    I clipped it to the fluorescent light above and shined it up on the white ceiling. Now I have indirect lighting over the whole room.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin