Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,795   Online: 901

Thread: Great buys!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Great buys!

Hi

Yesterday my photo club had the annual christmas auction, and due to the digital revolution great analog equipment were donated and not very popular. So I did a great buy when I bought a complete development kit for film. A lot of it I have already, but I got 2 tanks, 2 darkroom bags, a bulk loader, a Durst UT 100 film dryer (THE GREATEST BUY) and a lot more.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=7]Price: $14[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Furthermore I got an Olympus Trip 35 for $2...nice, too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some weeks ago the thought crossed my mind what to do if my cherished Durst 605 needed spare parts. I found a perfect 605 at an auction site and it came with two boxes of darkroom goodies (Osram safelight, tanks, Durst film dryer etc) for only Euro 40.- The pro wedding photographer I bought this from was forced to go digital and regretting this move. She told me people wanted pictures taken at church that very evening on CD so they could be shown to the wedding guest at the celebration dinner.
    Let's be thankful for the digirevolution.
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Let's be thankful for the digirevolution.
    AYE AYE!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Morten - Nice very nice Next auction see if they have a lifetimes supply of Rodinal and I'll compete with you for it

Hans - Yep it's the time to get all the wonderful gear at low prices before they all come flooding back to analog and send the prices back up again.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Some weeks ago the thought crossed my mind what to do if my cherished Durst 605 needed spare parts. I found a perfect 605 at an auction site and it came with two boxes of darkroom goodies
    That is so weird! I did EXACTLY the same about 2 weeks ago. I was looking at the 605, and thought: If I could pick up another for spares that would be handy. I got one on ebay for 50 pounds with a bunch of bits.

I went for the condenser head on the second enlarger (I had the colour head), figuring that they're different enough to be usefull, but similar enough to swap parts between them.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way to go Morten!!!!
    Ok...NOW we're talking something near & dear to my heart! haha Shopping & Bargains!

I just got an A12 chrome back for the Hassy last night for $80 US.... and a tripod mount for $24 US. Dang! What a day!

Hey....I just thought of something.... since you are now the PhD, Morten....does that make you Doc Morten!?? hahaha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    .... Hey....I just thought of something.... since you are now the PhD, Morten....does that make you Doc Morten!?? hahaha
    OUCH !!! That's putting the boot in

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Hey....I just thought of something.... since you are now the PhD, Morten....does that make you Doc Morten!?? hahaha
    Yes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    OUCH !!! That's putting the boot in
    He'll be here all week, folks! Try the veal!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino
    . . . Try the veal!
    I thought BWGirl's pun was a shoe in for having great vealing.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin