Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,392   Online: 969

Shooter
    Medium Format

Omega D 5500 elevation knobs slipping?

Hey guys,

Hope some one here owns a Omega D5500 enlarger. The elevation knobs are slipping. I took a quick look and took off the knobs and there is rod that goes all the way to other side, with a cotter pin that catches the plastic knobs. There is something with the rod that probably has a gear mechanism that rises and lower the head. Has anyone here made adjustment with theirs? If so.. How do I expose the problem to fix it. I'm handy with fixing things, I need someone advice.

Todd

Shooter
    Large Format
    Todd, I don't have a D5500 but I do have a 5x7 Omega (E series), and I know that Omega enlargers share pretty much the same concepts for elevation/focusing/etc. The best advice you can get would come from Harry Taylor who seems to know more about Omegas than the folks who designed them. You can contact him at:
    harry_g_taylor@sbcglobal.net
    He also has a free forum that is very informative, and I found the answer to my slippage problem there. Plus emails from Harry provided additional detail info that was pertinent to my problem (slipping of the lens stage trying to hold the focus setting, rather than slipping of the elevation system).
    Last edited by silveror0; 09-23-2012 at 11:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The rubber wheels fall apart. You can buy refurbished wheels or repair them yourself as shown here (scroll down on thread to see all the pictures):
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...0-repair-parts

Last edited by ic-racer; 09-23-2012 at 02:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the link. It doesn't look like a big deal.

Todd

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin