Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,680   Online: 843

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But that should only deliver right results at the calibration temperatures (test object temperature and ambient temperature).

For different situations see here:

http://translate.google.de/translate...Fadenkorrektur (automated translation from German)
    That is correct, but the fundamental "stem correction" may cause variations at the outset and this is often why people see differences in thermometers.

Another problem is the use of alcohol and mercury in thermometers. Even though the markings on the thermometer may have been adjusted for the different liquids, the use of different liquids (and dyes in the alcohol) may affect the coefficient of expansion.

PE

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I recently noticed a difference of 2 degrees Celsius between 2 mercury thermometers I have and when I opened a new 3rd thermometer, it was 4 degrees different. How do I know which is correct?
    I feel your pain, but consistency is usually much more important than accuracy, at least in normal B/W processes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Consistency is important, of course, but if you break the thermometer, heaven help you!

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin