Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,266   Online: 1036

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cheap Droppers and Syringes

Found the perfect droppers and syringes for all you high dilution R09 users.

From American Science & Surplus.

This is item number SDR00735199P0010. 2ml dropper that SEALS against the R09 bottle. Yep, you can throw the cap away. Just keep dropping marbles into the bottle to keep the level up and this little dropper will grab a little over 2ml with one squeeze. Best part? $2.50 for a pack of 10.

Seal.

Filled with R09

Just in case the droppers didn't work out, I also ordered a pack of syringes. Item number SLU00441333P0010. 10ml, very positive feeling when pulling fluid (unlike my current one from the infant section of Wal-Mart), clearly marked. Pack of 10 for $2.95.

I don't know if these products are already well known to the APUG community, but I was pretty excited about them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use childrens medicine dosage syringes purchased from a local pharmacy, they pull up to 10ml at a shot.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    I use plastic disposable syringes with the coarsest needle I can get, to measure my colour concentrates. It may raise an eyebrow or two when you ask for them but when it explained what they are for I have never had a problem.

Brown storage bottles are available from pharmacies (in UK at any rate) 100Mil 250mil and 500mil. I buy my Ilford multigrade developer in 5 litre containers for the price of just over the cost of 2 x 1 litre bottles. I decant it out into 9 x 500mil bottles and the remainder is decanted out into 100 mil bottles. 100 mil is enough for an evenings darkroom work. There are good cheap ways of cutting the overheads when using a darkroom.

Now lets see how do I cut the cost of heating, lighting, film, beer,...........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    Now lets see how do I cut the cost of heating, lighting, film, beer,...........
    Heating - put the freezer in the garage, not the basement if you are not in a sub tropical climate. That keeps the a/c happier in the summer, and the electric bill for the freezer almost non existent in the winter.

Lighting - compact flouro's everywhere but the darkroom.

Have those of the house that use a hair drier on thier hair to wrap it in a towel when first out of the shower/bath, and then change to a new towel wrap after five minutes, and start to dry it 5 minutes after that. Hair is a lot drier, and thay neds less heat ala electricity to dry.

Film - buy it 100' at a time, if you are into 35mm. Otherwise use Freestyle/Silverprint house brands.

Beer, well no big solution. What if you rewarded yourself with one after the first keeper print of the night? And then if it was really not a keeper in the cold light of the morning, no beer again until a real keeper emerges? I think you would find yourself in the darkroom more often ,a dn looking critically when printing more often for sure.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin