Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,383   Online: 776

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ralph,

I am not sure what you are asking about, so i will answer twice:
    1. Jobo machines (cpp2\cpa2) with SN under 22XXX have some version of an older motor. Technically speaking, one can upgrade the unit to use the latest motor (same as in the CPP3\ATL) but the cost and inherent benefits (only the main rotation motor is replaced, leaving many other old\failing components) make it generally not a viable option.

2. A CPP3 control unit only, bolt on upgrade is in the cards. This will enable existing CPA\CPP users to simply buy the new unit and replace the old unit with undoing and re installing 2 screws and 4 bolts (about 3 minutes all together). This option promises to save on the initial cost of the machine, as well as on global shipping, as the control head is much smaller then the entire unit with the main water trough. We will be updating when such an option becomes available in 115V.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I never used the 3000 drums, but I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. From other posts of yours, I can see you are an experienced darkroom technician, as am I, having worked in large commercial labs that used nitrogen burst systems and holding an MFA in photography. For my own film I get very consistent results in my Jobo using C-41 and reels, and even 8x10 film in print drums. In my own experience, the biggest factor for consistent results was making sure the developer was mixed correctly with the proper amount of starter.
    Your experience and the thread you linked to regarding alt. c-41/ra-4 chem vs. kodak's versions have convinced me that I should revisit large format c-41 and jobo cpp processors. After all, the results on my previous test sheets did exhibit very even tone. Now if I could just get the damn process in control!

Is Trebla making the current go-to small kit? Do any of the kits include developer starter? It was some time ago that I last developed c-41. I honestly do not recall using starter....don't think it's even mentioned in the z-131. Perhaps that was what was keeping me from getting results that were in control?

I don't disagree with the fact that people here are getting excellent results in color processing with a jobo. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to conclude that it's as good as a properly set up refrema dip and dunk.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I honestly know nothing about the Trebla stuff. As for starter, Kodak Developer does not need any to be within control or aim, but Developer/Replenisher does, and that is what I purchase as a 5 gallon kit from Adorama. My test without starter were way out, as were strips that had too much starter, and that is due to the fact that starter is used to stabalize the solution. Refrema machines are good, but only if they are used consistently and kept within guidelines.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm a noob to film and will order the new Jobo mainly for consistent results and allow less room for error. I have ditched the digital s**t and want to do my own film processing and enlarging, which I think will be almost as enjoyable as shooting!
    Last edited by andyedward; 10-08-2012 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin