Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,858   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't know much about it. I know the lens are top of the line. My friend has money and always gets the best. He went digital and I ended up with his darkroom and camera equipment. He wants me to either sell or donate that which I do not think would sell well. He had a Besler 23CII plus a Omega B-22.
    They went to a local Art and Communication Magnet school.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert8x10
    I don't know much about it. I know the lens are top of the line. My friend has money and always gets the best. He went digital and I ended up with his darkroom and camera equipment. He wants me to either sell or donate that which I do not think would sell well. He had a Besler 23CII plus a Omega B-22.
    They went to a local Art and Communication Magnet school.
    I'm setting up a darkroom after a 15-year hiatus (most everything lost in a flooded basement!), and am considering a Beseler 23C series 2 enlarger online. The price appears to be good, but I don't think I know the enlarger. I shoot 4x5, 2 1/4, and 35mm. Is this a good all-round enlarger if I want to print from all these formats? Anything I should look for? Thanks! I can't wait to get going again after all this time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by linda
    I'm setting up a darkroom after a 15-year hiatus (most everything lost in a flooded basement!), and am considering a Beseler 23C series 2 enlarger online. The price appears to be good, but I don't think I know the enlarger. I shoot 4x5, 2 1/4, and 35mm. Is this a good all-round enlarger if I want to print from all these formats? Anything I should look for? Thanks! I can't wait to get going again after all this time.

Hi Linda,
    (That's my wife's name, too ) The 23C is a good enlarger, but not big enough for 4x5. If you want to print 4x5 you'll have to step up to a Beseler 45 series or similar.
    Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll need to go to the 45 series of Beseler to handle over 6X9. I feel that I'm right at the comfortable limits running 6X7 in the 23C with cold light or dichro heads. There are entire darkrooms being given away or sold very cheaply. Most of the 4X5 rigs of most brands are honest pieces of machinery. Try to buy into a system that leaves you a reasonable chance of locating lens boards, carriers, light sources, etc.

Shooter
    35mm

Good conversation piece.

I do not jnow how much space you have at home the the thing would make a very striking planter by removing the top of the diffusion head and filling it with ivy. It would be very interesting to see people's first reaction to an autofucia enlarger. Perhaos, if not considered sacrilege, you could paint it Kodak yellow, with magenta and cyan colored plants.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on why you want to dump it. Are you getting out the darkroom, want to replace it with a newer model? If you are looking at buying a newer model, if you have room why not keep it so you can do muiltiplue negative print tricks? I keep an old Burke and James Solar that I had in college at my parents for 20 years, then used it as a second enlarger until I moved and no longer had room for it and my D 3, so I gave to the Goodwill, I check it lasted 2 days and was sold.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin