Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,431   Online: 815

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    im now thinking ill get some wallpaper troughs as im only doing 30x24. if i get a pipe i can wrap the paper round the outside of it (emulsion out) and rotate that in the tank with the chems in. how does that sound?

bill - do you dilute your dev so you have more time in the chem o do you stick with standard dilutions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    Anikin - i can kind of picture this. do you put the paper ONTO THE OUTSIDE of the cylinder as you rotate it into the developer?
    No, on the inside. See the attached picture. You unroll it inside of the cylinder as it enters the water while rotating the cylinder. It's easier to do than to describe. And once the print adheres to the cylinder, you just handle the cylinder and don't touch the print at all. In this picture I do not have any chemicals in the tray, but I hope you get the idea. The photo I use in the picture is rather small - only 20"x24". I also made a bigger cylinder for 30"x40", but have not used it yet. I don't see why it would not work. By the way, the tray that you see here i made by cutting two 16x20 PVC trays and gluing them together. It gives me space to process prints up to 30" wide. I also added a drain for easier draining of water or chemistry.

Eugene.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LargePrints.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, that picture is really helpful. Ill be going 30x24 max so think ill try this tube and trough approach thanks very much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Or make your own trays. Here are mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trays_ceilingshot.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	58047

Paper in the fixer tray is sized 20x28 inches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    im feeling a bit wary of trays - due to the size of the paper im worried about streaking/uneven development issues...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin