Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,269   Online: 761

Shooter
    35mm

Beseler Dichro DG-1 power supply connector pinout

Hi all,

I am trying to find out what the voltage pinout is for the 5 bladed connector on the old (Blue) Beseler Dichro DG-1 colorhead going to the transformer power supply. The supply did not come with the head and I need to jury rig a replacement. The connector is the nearly black one in the attached image, taken from another person who has the complete setup.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12783003.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	58225

Shooter
    35mm
    borrow the unit from your friend and measure the voltage. I don't have a schematic (I do have one for the CB-7 but only up to the AC plug but not include the transformer or color head). I have mine in storage but I have measured the voltage before. It's two 24VAC supply plus ground that what I remember. Because it's 2 24VAC supply I did thought I could substitute the transformer with 2 10A 24VDC regulated supply and have a very stable light output.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually the photo was from an auction I found a while ago so sadly no friend to borrow from. Sorry to be confusing. However, I think you have given me the key and I'll try to trace wires beyond this point inside the chassis, especially if it's that simple.

Correction: in your reply, you used 24 VAC in two places but 24 VDC in another. Is this a simple transformer (i.e. AC to AC) or do the lamps need DC voltage?
    Last edited by usuthu65; 10-09-2012 at 07:21 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh I am sorry for confusing you. The 5 pin connector I believe 2 pins each to each lamp and a ground. You can easily verify that with an ohm meter. Both lamps takes 24VAC and that's all.
    I was talking about replacing the transformer with DC power supply to have more stable voltage. Sorry for confusing you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin