Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,089   Online: 902

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Print washer hook-up without sink access finally achieved!

I finally am able to use my print washer.. I have no sink access to connect it so i finally figured what to do. Im posting this for anyone else who also does not have a sink or a plumbing connection for their print washer. I bought a 5/8 hose and adapted it to a 1/2 barb all the way to a 1 1/2 rubber coupler.. I just slip the coupler over the shower head and tighten it.. Instant connection and disconnection and drain the washer into the shower..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 010.jpg   013.jpg   011.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A good solution. For many people it could be even easier. If your shower has a hose with screw connections each end rather than being plumbed in behind a panel, it might fit directly or with a simple thread adaptor.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz...Hose_large.jpg

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Somehow managed to post the same thing twice!
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If someone has a hand held device that would be a good idea.. Your local Home improvement store would have every fitting you would need to adapt it to your print washer.. They might even have a quick release fitting to make it even easier..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great idea. Btw - nice loofa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I just picked up a Zone VI print washer and have no plumbed darkroom in which to use it. This is the route I must go for now. Thanks for the tip.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a diverter valve between the shower head and angled pipe it is threaded onto, works great for my 16' x 20" print washer and Jobo CPP2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's pure genius! I remember a photographer friend put a tumbling Arkay print washer in the restroom he rigged it so it will drain into the toilet.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One other thing you might consider - I did this in an apartment once in the shower/tub. I unscrewed the tub spigot connector and went straight to the pipe, but, something else I did was to add in-line a volume control (made for garden hose), so I could adjust the volume so that it was just enough to overrun in the washer, but no more, to conserve water. And every time I set up and took down, I left the valve set the same way, so I never had to adjust the volume again, just turn on the water full and the valve controlled the volume.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin