Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,359   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HC110!! Cheap as heck, can be diluted to any dilution from syrup, syrup lasts forever and has worked great in my rotary tank and hand tank systems! It is my go-to developer (I've even used it for paper in an emergency with good results)...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Diafine works in rotary? I LOVE the idea of diafine and am actually a HUGE fan of acufine but found that acufine did not work well in my uniroller..

Shooter
    Large Format
    I could never get HC110 to work but heck, i'll try again! I used to have half a dozen bottles of it and just swore it off (it's like molasses)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rodinal and Pyrocat sounds like the route I want to take. I've very familiar with Rodinal (Now it's called something else?) not familiar with pyrocat but am familiar with PMK Pyro which I _loved_. Awesome, thank you for the replies..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wildbill, I can't recall 'why' it didn't work (it's been years) but I do remember uneven development, even with a presoak. Could just be me.. It works for you? I must suck

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use D76 1:2, Edwal 12, Microdal stock and 1:3, and Tmax 1:4 in both tanks and Unicolor film tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Developers based on pyrogallol or catechol, especially in dilute solution and limited sulfite content, may not respond well to rotary processing. These developing agents are very sensitive to aerial oxidation. A rotary processor is constantly introducing oxygen into the developer.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Developers based on pyrogallol or catechol, especially in dilute solution and limited sulfite content, may not respond well to rotary processing. These developing agents are very sensitive to aerial oxidation. A rotary processor is constantly introducing oxygen into the developer.
    RE: HC110 - I have yet to have problems. Maybe the Unicolor rotating base is slow/gentle enough. I've used numerous dilutions (from B to H). I do drop the dev time by about 20% as per recommendations around the web though.

EDIT: No presoak either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't understand your post since HC-110 does not contain either of the two developing agents mentioned. HC-110 contains Dimezone-S and hydroquinone which both seem to hold up well to aerial oxidation.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dont think I would use Acufine, or FG7 (if you any left) as the devleopmet times are so short you may get uneven development. I dont see any reason why HC 110, Tmax or DDx would not work in a roatery drum, I have used Tmax with good results.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin