Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,688   Online: 715

Shooter
    35mm

Lamps for Philips Tri-One enlarger

I have just got a Philips PCS150 Tri-One enlarger.
    For those that don't know it this is an additive colour enlarger, rather than moving C, M and Y filters in front of the lamp it has three lamps and R,G and B filters.
    There are no moving parts in the head, changes in filtration are achieved by altering the intensity of each lamp from the control unit.

The problem is that only one lamp is working and they are 14v 35w reflector halogens of 35mm diameter:
    http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.com...3889018304_na/
    A search found that these lamps are used in dental equipment and are rather high priced, not earning as much as dentists do I am trying to find a cheaper supply.

Does anyone know any UK based suppliers that have suitable lamps at a reasonable price?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    don't know about uk-based, but i bought mine on ebay, not extremely cheap, £22 for 4 lamps, but they do last a long time, so you will get a lot of prints for the price. do a search for JCR/M14V-35W .

alf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Firstcall used to stock them try http://firstcall-photographic.co.uk
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, I will check out those suppliers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yellowcat,just checked Firstcall as I was looking for something else and they stock the lamps for Phillips tri colour at£19.99 each
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin