Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,960   Online: 950

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jobo back in US

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    They keep moving back the delivery. I gave up and am building my own from PVC sheet and controlling a much more powerful motor with a cnc controller which will give me umlimited ability to program agitation. It will accept my lifts amd there will be a dual heater system, a pig warmer underneath the whole unit and a submersible heater in the reservoir. I have an easily obtainable/replaceable inexpensive aquarium pump which will move more water than the Jobo pump..About $600.00 finished for the whole unit..

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    They keep moving back the delivery. I gave up and am building my own from PVC sheet and controlling a much more powerful motor with a cnc controller which will give me umlimited ability to program agitation. It will accept my lifts amd there will be a dual heater system, a pig warmer underneath the whole unit and a submersible heater in the reservoir. I have an easily obtainable/replaceable inexpensive aquarium pump which will move more water than the Jobo pump..About $600.00 finished for the whole unit..
    Evan,

Is this just a project for you or do you plan to build, sell and service these for all of us?

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As i recall, there are at least three distinct threads on APUG discussing folks how set off to build their own processor to accept Jobo tanks (or others), with cheap\commercially available hardware. None have yet to show any progress (some are several years old).

In any case i think its a great idea and the design prospect sounds promissing - good luck! i am looking forward to seeing such a thing become a reality.
    If you ever make another one, or mass produce them i will be your first customer.

On another note - though the new CPP3 will have pretty much endless speed and heat control (choose 1 of 100 settings), why wait for something that is as you say being pushed back, when late SN CPP2 are available right now, not to mention brand new CPP2 which are also readily available (4 week lead time, special order)? You might not be saving alot of $$$ going that route, but you will have it right now...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mine will be done in a week.It's the second generation, Tank is made, lift fits..everything is in place. I build machines and products for a living and now have this little deal under control..It will be a way better machine than the CPP3.,

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    John, No, just making one for me and Frank and Zhu..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    We sure are , and have been for a while.
    Its great see more of Jobo in the US market.
    Then why is freestyle claiming an exclusive distribution deal for the cpp3 in the U.S.?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    The aquarium pump is a good alternative. I replaced two failing pumps ($165 each) in my minilab printer with $30 aquarium pumps and they did a great job.

Steve

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Way better than the Jobo pump. I'm pumping the water from the opposite end, no circuit boards sitting above the water. I'll be using it in a week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Then why is freestyle claiming an exclusive distribution deal for the cpp3 in the U.S.?
    There is a difference between a importer-distributor and a dealer.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good news indeed!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin