Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,876   Online: 1005

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jobo back in US

Shooter
    Large Format
    The amount of chemistry needed for a 50" rt would make having such a machine for personal use prohibitively expensive unless of course you're planning on opening a custom c-print lab, in which case your balls are probably bigger than that kreonite machine.

Eclarkes machine, on the other hand, sounds really cool. I can't wait to see this Jobo-killer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am so looking forward to seeing this in action Evan !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm looking forward to a product I can buy that has an actual warranty and supports a company we need around, to keep it back on topic.

Eric Joseph from Freestyle has stated that production is to start next month so he is looking to see what the interest is on the initial order. It's expensive indeed, $2999 with no lift.....I have to think about it a bit even though I can write it off. I also kind of like the knobs on the CPP2, no menu diving to make an adjustment on the fly.

Even though I use my RH Designs Process Master-II with the CPP2, I do like the idea of it in the unit it self.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    In reference to SS reels for use in the 1500 series JOBO tanks, I use HEWES 35mm and 120 reels in my CPP2 JOBO processer. Its a later model with a stronger motor able to stand up to the added weight of SS. If you can find the 1561, 1562, 1563, 1563 or 1564 SS cores, you have to replace the plastic center core with the SS core (1561 through 1564 to match the 1500 series tank you choose. Replace the standard light trap with the plugged funnel supplied with the SS kit and install a cog, due to the alteration in the light trap it is necessary that the tank system be used in conjunction with a JOBO-Lift.
    I use a 1520-1530-1530 tank combination with a 1564 SS core, it will take 5-120 or 8-35mm reels and works extremely well.
    I love the HEWES reels, they are well built with heaver gauge SS stock and load like a dream, they also have a longer, thicker spiral so I never run out of room for the film. I can't say that about some of the other SS reels I've used!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I will post a youtube video early next week with it actually running drums and all the finish touches applied. I am using a 260 oz/in NEMA 23 stepper motor and controlling it numerically as a rotary axis in CNC G-Code. Will be able to drive the Expert drums in fine fashion and with a couple variables, be able to do cycle times easily. The next one will be a two axis drum, tank and tray agitator which can be programmed to do semi stand with very articulate routines.It will be able to shake in an xy pattern, angular, swirl in a circle or elipse or combinations of all the above and will have programmable dwells. I'll be able to walk away and have it do an agitation routine once every ten minutes and repeat it for an hour..I am pretty excited about it.
    Is the video up? are there any photos of the machine in action?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember over 25 years ago, I worked in a college photo lab and we had a system that used Jobo drums. It had a nitrogen system to pump chemistry into pots to get heated and the machine would dump the chemistry into the drum at the right time. The drum was housed in a heated cabinet. It was sure slick. We ran mostly E-6 and made Kodak R2000 prints.
    As for me, I don't process enough prints or film to justify having one. I just use my thrift store Beseler agitator base and Ebay drums. Ghetto, but it works.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Tank is welded together, lift is mounted, motor and control are finished..programming it is spectacular..millions of possible variables in the rotation and cycle. Need to install the drum pan, a couple fittings, machine a spindle adapter to accept the drive gear, fill it with water and develop film!!! Evan Clarke
    Even, you promised a video of your machine...??
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Holy shit, for the price of the CPP3 i could buy a minilab on ebay
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But what would you do with a minilab? Where would you put it, can you wire it and keep it in chemistry? And how versatile is it for different sizes of film and different processes?

A CPP3 is a far better machine for how most home hobbyist users process film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have my CPP2 on the kitchen counter all the time ready for use. Where would I put a minilab?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin