Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,991   Online: 985

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jobo back in US

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Holy shit, for the price of the CPP3 i could buy a minilab on ebay
    To be fair, you can buy a minilab on ebay for the price of a cup of coffee most days Mine was two bucks - And I still don't know where to put it.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm

Jobo back in US

My minilab was free........but if I ever fire it up the chems sure won't be!!!

If I could figure out how to stop them going off I would set it up....by a couple of rolls a week just ain't gonna cut it!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Holy shit, for the price of the CPP3 i could buy a minilab on ebay
    You can get a brand new minilab with chems to last 10 years for less then 1000$ on ebay, however, you can only run C-41, and then you can only run 35 and smaller, and maybe if you get a nice one you can run 120 but it will be a bit larger. Most machines can be programmed to do pretty much anything for push\pull or timed\temp changes.
    The cost of chems per roll would be negligible if you keep it running.... BUT - if you ever want to run BW, E-6 or any sheet film it just wount work... Power and water consumption might be an issue as well.

Any jobo can do pretty much anything you want it do, with fairly few build in restrictions...

Who says you need to buy a brand new machine? Spare parts and service is here, CPP2 and CPP3 upgrade options are available, so there really isent a need to break the bank.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have a CPA-2 and will at some unknown future time want parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I will post a youtube video early next week with it actually running drums and all the finish touches applied. I am using a 260 oz/in NEMA 23 stepper motor and controlling it numerically as a rotary axis in CNC G-Code. Will be able to drive the Expert drums in fine fashion and with a couple variables, be able to do cycle times easily. The next one will be a two axis drum, tank and tray agitator which can be programmed to do semi stand with very articulate routines.It will be able to shake in an xy pattern, angular, swirl in a circle or elipse or combinations of all the above and will have programmable dwells. I'll be able to walk away and have it do an agitation routine once every ten minutes and repeat it for an hour..I am pretty excited about it.
    Evan,

I was wondering if you have posted any photos or the video of your processor? I would really like to go down the path you have tread!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    I guess so. I am looking for stainless steel reels (both 135 and 120) for my newly acquired jobo CPE2. They are very hard to find.
    there is no problem to find stainless reels, i got set of 135 and 120 reels from Hewes (www.hewes.co.uk).
    excellent quality for nice price.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin