Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,159   Online: 794

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jobo back in US

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo back in US

Got an email from Freestyle and they said "Jobo processors are returning to the United States market and Freestyle is the exclusive distribution partner! Jobo accessories will now be more readily available such as all primary Jobo processing."

Good news?
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I guess so. I am looking for stainless steel reels (both 135 and 120) for my newly acquired jobo CPE2. They are very hard to find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I hope they import the new jobo machine.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for not posting the whole part if the email regarding Jobo products. But here it is.
    "As for new products, Jobo processors are returning to the United States market and Freestyle is the exclusive distribution partner! Jobo accessories will now be more readily available such as all primary Jobo processing reels, tanks, bottles and most replacement parts except for the circuit boards for older processors. The new processor is called the CPP-3, an updated version of the Jobo CPP-2, with a better circuit board and improved performance features. The CPP-3 will accept all original Jobo accessories. Please contact me if you have an interest in this new processor, as it will help us determine our initial order. It should be available to ship to customers in the United States early 2013."
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    The new processor is a lovely bit of equipment but the price........... Over £2000 in UK. I think I will stay with my CPE2. It may be old and battered but it works.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Sorry for not posting the whole part if the email regarding Jobo products. But here it is.
    "As for new products, Jobo processors are returning to the United States market and Freestyle is the exclusive distribution partner! Jobo accessories will now be more readily available such as all primary Jobo processing reels, tanks, bottles and most replacement parts except for the circuit boards for older processors. The new processor is called the CPP-3, an updated version of the Jobo CPP-2, with a better circuit board and improved performance features. The CPP-3 will accept all original Jobo accessories. Please contact me if you have an interest in this new processor, as it will help us determine our initial order. It should be available to ship to customers in the United States early 2013."
    Aren't catlabs, the jobo hoarders in Jamaica Plain, Ma. who frequently post here regarding these machines, a Jobo dealer?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    I guess so. I am looking for stainless steel reels (both 135 and 120) for my newly acquired jobo CPE2. They are very hard to find.
    Why not use the (easily found) plastic ones?

I use them for everything from 35mm up to 4x5" and think they're fine.

Images
    I guess this is good news but when someone says "exclusive dealer" it just means "no one can sell these but us so you suckers pay what we want you to pay". I have always wanted a JOBO but prices on the tank I need never really dropped in price enough to warrant a purchase. Now that new machines are available the prices will creep back up I suppose.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Aren't catlabs in Jamaica Plain, Ma. who frequently post here regarding these machines, a Jobo dealer?
    We sure are , and have been for a while.
    Its great see more of Jobo in the US market.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe this will drive the price down a bit on used expert drums. I got my unused 3010 back in the Spring for $380, passed up the chance to buy another one for $300 and now they seem to be going for stupid prices again.

I get it dried out fast enough for back to back runs, but a second one for backup and heavy capacity sake would be nice.

I am still seriously considering a CPP3 for next year, I can sell my CPP2 and write the new purchase off.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin