Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,955   Online: 1041

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo Equipment

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Jobo Equipment

Hi, This is my first post. Getting back into the darkroom after many years. Been doing the digital route and although I still use digi I still like the look of film. So anyway I have a couple of jobo processors cpp2s. One of many questions to come is, What are the advantages/disadvantages to using the 4x5 reels vs the 2006/2010 tanks? What is the difference between the 2006 and the 2010 tanks. They look the same to me. I'm getting ready to buy one ir the other.

Thank
    LexG

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Both the 2509 reels for 4X5 and the Expert drums are excellent for sheet film processing.

Using the 2500 system tanks allows you to also process roll film with 2502 reels in the same tank you will use for the 2509 reel.

Expert drums are considered to be some of the best sheet film processing solutions in the world. They are of course, more expensive.

The 3010 will process up to 10 sheets of 4X5.
    The 3006 will process up to 6 sheets of 4X5 OR 5X7.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the info. This will help in my decision. Anyone else have an opinion.

Later
    lexG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the 3010 and I am glad that I spent the money. The only one I had found was new, so you can guess what I paid for it, but still worth it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you shoot only 4x5 get the 3010 over the 3006 because you can do 10 sheets instead of 6. If you will go to 5x7 at some time the 3006 is nice. Better is to have both. I think the 3000 series expert drums do a much better job compared to the reels in the 2000 series tanks. I have both and it's rare that I use the reels.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I have two 3010 Expert tanks and they are simple to use and easy to turn around for additional runs, I blow them out with a hairdrier set at low and reload. The other day I ran 100 sheets of 4x5 and the base was the same from the first to the last. That's important for my copy work.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug.

When I started working with 4x5 in about 2004 I considered the same question. In researching here and on the Large Format Forum, I found many complaints about the reel route. I chose the 3010 Expert drum path and was very happy with that choice until I traded up to 8x10 a couple of years ago. I process those in a larger Expert drum on a CPP-2.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought the 2509 reels and tank when they were new. I had lots of trouble with uneven development with flow marks from the reels, and quit using them almost immediately because the negatives were useless. The 2509N reels were introduced later with some snap in baffles designed to break up the flow patterns for more even development. I haven't used those. Also, Jobo changed their recommended procedures for pre-soak and rotational speed a few years after the 2509 reels were introduced.

The 3006 and 3010 tanks were introduced later, advertized as giving professional results compared to the 2509(N) reels. Given all the reports I've read from users over the years, along with my own experience, I'd say the 3000 series tanks are highly likely to be more consistent in giving even development.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I've also used three 2409N reels with a 2521 + a 2560 tank modul and got great results, plus I could run 18 sheets at a time. The baffles were very useful in smoothing out the flow pattern and producing a very even development. The 3010 Expert tanks are wonderful for smaller batch runs or allowing for push or pulls!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks to all for the input. I do have some reels that look like the 2409 reels. I do not have the baffles. so is there a difference in the 2409n/2409 other than the baffles?
    Looks like I may save my pennies for a drum. Does anyone know if Jobo will be selling them again cheaper than ebay gets?

Thanks
    LexG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin