Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,638   Online: 845

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm another Jobo colour print processor. There is a few of us about.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by feromarcin View Post
    I never dry drums when I work with color papers at Jobo processor. For quicker work I use this sequence: 1´ prewash, 1´developer, 30"stop (2% acetic acid), 30" wash. Now I get out prints from drum and put them into blix, which is in the larger tray. Now I put the new papers into drum and all repeats. When the next ones are developed, I get out prints from blix, put them into tray with water and after session I wash them with running water.
    I'm afraid that a wet drum from such a process can lead to spots on prints and also colored contaminations.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    By far and away a dry to dry processor is the best way to go.... almost new reconditioned units can be had with a guarantee from DeVere in England. I use a 32" wide Colex tabletop processor requiring 10L of developer and bleach with automatic replenishment. Similar units can sometimes be found on Ebay at a fraction of their original price and parts and service are still available.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    We just recieved the Jobo CPP3, It is a very nice unit and I think the OP would be fine using it for colour prints.

Single shot chemistry would be ideal and simple operation is the way to go for a home use.
    This unit can fit in a very small space that has water supply and a drain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

Interesting to hear your views on the CPP3. I'm just reading up re the motor on the back of my ATL-2300 as after turning it on this afternoon after about 18 months switched off the motor is running hot but not pumping water into the upper trough.

Tom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Tom

As you know I owned a few Alt 2300, great machines.
    Difficult to fix when they decide to give up the ghost.I do not recommend trying to buy used as you never know when the motar, pump, liftarm is ready to go.

The CPP3 is a very nice unit, good programming capabilities, needs a bit of a work to phase in our operation, as the manual and explanation is kind of goofy.
    But I think a very solid addition , we are using all our old tanks and as well purchased a larger tank so I can do five 120 at a time. We have purchased
    new reels and extra lids and Expert Drums for 4x5.

I refuse to double roll the reels with the red sticker, too many problems.
    This machine needs to be overseen but it really looks like a workhorse.
    Omar at Cat Labs is a pleasure to work- with and honorable to boot so I highly recommend this machine, I was ready to have Richard Idle design and build
    a unit but the CPP3 is pretty much what we figured out.
    There is an issue with European parts that I will solve in future by buying extras of everything that is complicated.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Bob,

Interesting to hear your views on the CPP3. I'm just reading up re the motor on the back of my ATL-2300 as after turning it on this afternoon after about 18 months switched off the motor is running hot but not pumping water into the upper trough.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

I think I'll try and have a look around the back of the 2300 to see if there is any obvious blockage, and then investigate the motor. I'm glad you report the CPP3 seems like a solid processor as this is not something easy to tell from the photos online.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back in the 90s when I was a full time social photographer I processed the films and hand printed all of my work (except large groups such as school reunions as I could get them processed for pennies for an 8x10) using a CPP2 (without a lift). If I needed more than 5 prints of an image it was cheaper to buy 25 and throw the remainder away than process them myself.

I now have a CPP2 with lift (can't believe how much easier it makes it) but purely use it at the moment for sheet film processing with Expert drums although I do have a stash of c41 and RA4 chemicals for when I decide to do some LF colour)

Shooter
    35mm
    You might be lucky and find that the water in the drum doesn't affect the next print and if contamination only occasionally happens it might be worth the risk against the time saved but I found that coloured streaks( green if I recall) occurred more often than was acceptable without a quick wipe of the inside of the drum.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Bob,

Tom
    The pump uses natural oils on felt discs for lubrication and it turns to gum with age. Get the pump out, clean all the gum off the bearings and re-lube it; it'll be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin