Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,030   Online: 863

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Print Dryer Question

I was looking at the Doran Thermostatic print dryer at calumet and was wondering if anyone here had any thought on it.

One of the reasons I am looking at it is for quicker drying times and hopefully flat dried prints. I will only be using fiber based papers and 11x14 if the max size I will print.

I have been reading a few threads here and it is a toss up between air dry and non-air dry.

Any opinions on the unit would be greatly helpful and any information that would say that non-air dry is not good for the print. I have no idea so I am going once again to the awesome people here at APUG for the answers.

Thanks again,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Might I suggest just using a microwave? I use one and it works great. 30 sec-1min, totally dry and very quick. The print isn't wavy, but it has a slight curl to it, but I think that is usually fixed when the print is put under a press or some books.
    -Grant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin