Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,692   Online: 1151

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Over optomistic prices on Ebay

Looking through Ebay listings there are plenty of good enlargers that are going for not much money but I was struck by some very optimistic buy it now prices on some things like:
    I think that £17.50 + postage is probably pushing it for a Russian 35mm enlarger: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-3...item4d05d94909

but a Zenith UPA-5 enlarger for £89.99 ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enlarger-Z...item337d1daaf4

Now a Durst M605 is a nice enlarger but I would not want to pay £300 for one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enlarger-D...item564db41d43

Also £125 is a bit much to be asking for a Durst M301 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/enlarger-D...item5649db3d55

Likewise £89.99 for a very dusty looking LPL C7700 head without transformer or lens mount, this one was being advertised last year for £125 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPL-COLOR-...item5896b197ab

I wonder if any of these will ever sell at those prices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got my last two enlargers free, so I'd need a lot of convincing to pay anything ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One UK darkroom supplier sells secondhand equipment for those sorts of prices (Durts and LPL).

I can save you money - how about a Zenit UPA-5 enlarger for £88, a friend bought it at an auction, would save you a pound enough to buy another . That foam will be a ticky mess.

There's far less good equipment on Ebay.co.uk compared to 7 or 8 years ago and a consequence is prices have ben rising. Good dealers are getting those prices so it's sign that eventually prices will stay high and creep up.

Someone rputable will ensure everything is there, with some ebay sellers bits may be missing and parts can be expensive

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    yes I know which dealer you are talking about too Ian. Mind you he does have some obscure items which are unobtainable elsewhere.

Me, oh I paid about £90 for my LPL 6700 complete with a Nikon 50/2.8. Neither seem to have been used. Even the Nikkor still had it's lens cap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you fancy a Russian enlarger or two I have a couple of Krokus enlargers that need a home to go to. Offer a donation to Apug and either pick up or I'll post. I can see how the postage on them could be close to £20 on each cause they are heavy.

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you should look on local market/site.

I get my Durst M605 just for almost nothing (1 hour by car and a bottle of wine)

A lot of pro photographers are unfortunately/economicaly swinthing to digital...

++

Rom
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    35mm
    There are still reasonably priced enlargers on Ebay, often in better condition than some of the over priced buy it now items.
    What I have noticed is that the prices of enlarger lenses are gradually going up.
    If I had the space I would like a De-Vere 504
    Around five years ago I saw a De-Vere 108 in a skip along with the remains of a Kreonite paper processor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Wagg View Post
    If you fancy a Russian enlarger or two I have a couple of Krokus enlargers that need a home to go to.
    Krokus were made in Poland. This brings back memories from over 30 years ago, that was my first enlarger, which my mum bought for me, starting my love affair with B&W photography.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right as I saw this post, I was going over a craigslist post in my area for some darkroom equipment. An enlarger, some trays, a print dryer, blah, blah. $250, so needless to say, a little over-optimistic. Then at the bottom, in parentheses:

(Will trade for handgun)

o_o

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. IMHO, 35mm is better than a 9mm.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's someone who has a decent stock of large format wooden cameras of both plate and film variety at hugely inflated prices for their condition.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin