Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,821   Online: 980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slosh Trays

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    I'm interested in purchasing and using an 8x10 PF Slosh Tray for processing my negs. Has anyone here used one? If so, what keeps the negs in their repective troughs? Anything I should be aware of in their use?

Thanks

Barry
    I have a PF 8x10 Slosher and use it for all my 8x10 neg developing. It works fine - and I use it for both minimum agitation and semi-stand development procedures.

The Slosher is a developing tray insert that separates sheet film for tray development. The Slosher tray is divided into four compartments which keeps the film sheets separated. The Acrylic plastic compartments have flow-through holes so the solutions can circulate freely. The Slosher can be used for normal or compensating development including Pyro. Mine is made of 1/8 inch red Acrylic plastic.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, there are no edge retainers of any kind on the PF slosher? If not, any problems with the sheets floating out of their respective cubby holes?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Here is the Phil Bard design for a film processing panel. He does not use solid dividers. The film clips under nylon screw heads. This may provide more uniform development since there are no panels to create turbulence.
    http://philbard.com/panel.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    So, there are no edge retainers of any kind on the PF slosher? If not, any problems with the sheets floating out of their respective cubby holes?
    Ralph,

That's exactly what I was concerned about, I just did not put it in the right words. I assume that as long as you don't overfill the holding tray, the film cannot change 'cubby holes'?

Thanks Tom and Jim for your descriptions. I am going to order one as soon as the Christmas post dies down.

Regards

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    No edge retainers of any kind!

No problems at all with film sheets floating out of their respective cubby holes.

All processing steps - including washing - can be performed in the slosher. This minimizes film handling and associated probability of handling induced damage.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    No edge retainers of any kind!

No problems at all with film sheets floating out of their respective cubby holes.

All processing steps - including washing - can be performed in the slosher. This minimizes film handling and associated probability of handling induced damage.

Do you move the slosher from tray to tray or do you need 3 or 4 sloshers?

Thanks,
    Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amurray
    Do you move the slosher from tray to tray or do you need 3 or 4 sloshers?

Thanks,
    Allen
    You move the slosher from tray to tray. Thus, only one slosher is used and film handling is minimized.

BTW, I have a total of 3 sloshers; a 4x5, a 5x7 and an 8x10. My 4x5 slosher and 5x7 slosher were made by Summitek. Summitek does not make an 8x10 slosher, hence my PF 8x10 slosher. Summitek calls these devices cradles. The Summitek Cradles sell for substantially less than the PF Slosher and are very well made.

http://www.summitek.com/cradle.html
    Tom Hoskinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin