Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,612   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Processing 110 / 16mm film format

Hi all,

I will probably have to process 10+ rolls format 110 in a month time. This would be a one-off.
    110 film reel are pretty hard to come by, and expensive when they do. Also, I'd spend a lot of time process each film one by one if I was getting a reel.
    I am wondering whether there is not another solution to process the rolls. Could they be tray processed?

Any ideas welcome.

Best

D

Shooter
    Large Format
    See page 123 of this article for tray processing of roll film.

http://books.google.com/books?ei=c8K...284OO&jtp=100#

Iíve had good results with this method when processing old, odd-sized roll films found exposed inside of old folding cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Processing 110 / 16mm film format

This may not be worth it to you but I have cut down a spare Patterson reel for 110. I made an instructibles post for it. http://m.instructables.com/id/Modify...cess-110-film/

The how to is kind of long as I was trying to be thorough. But I think it only took half an hour. If this is once off it may not be worth it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm gonna give the instructions above a bash.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've processed them in 2 different ways.

1, with a 16mm jobo reel (pretty cheap) dremeled out slightly in the center with a sanding bit to fit a paterson column for a paterson tank, works great.

And, in the 120 cartridge holder in the 120 lane on a fuji frontier C-41 processor, the machine also detects it as 110 size.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    See page 123 of this article for tray processing of roll film.

http://books.google.com/books?ei=c8K...284OO&jtp=100#

Iíve had good results with this method when processing old, odd-sized roll films found exposed inside of old folding cameras.
    Oh that pendulum thing is awesome. Got any more home made articles stuff like that, please send the links through

Shooter
    35mm
    I have successfully processed 16mm short lengths in a normal metal tank. My method is to tape the 16mm film, emulsion side out, onto a previously-processed "junk" roll of 120 film. I tape both ends of the 16mm film down on the larger roll of 120, leaving only a little slack; obviously this is done in total darkness but it's not difficult. Then I load the 120 film onto a stainless-steel reel and put it in the tank. I process it as if it was a roll of 120. Uses a bit more chemistry that the 16mm film needs, but it works. I think you could do a couple 16mm rolls per 120 roll.

Now if my 16mm camera didn't have a dozen light-leaks, I'd be all set.

EDIT - I tried this trick by taping 16mm film to 35mm film and it did not work, the film was too close together.
    Last edited by rthomas; 10-29-2012 at 05:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add'l info

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Yankee Clipper II reel adjusts to 110 size; although the quality of this product is so-so (the plastic is quite brittle compared to others), it will work if handled gently. If you can find replacement reels inexpensively, you can use multiple reels in a tray w/o the tanks in total darkness to process several at one time.

There's a Nikor 16mm reel on ebay currently. If I were doing 110, I'd buy that one.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I haven't tried this for my Minox film yet, but I plan to. It might work just as well for 16mm/110:

http://alandove.com/content/2011/05/...veloping-reel/

Jonathan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Jobo 135/120 reel can be modified to take 16mm film.

I think I posted on this in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin