Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,331   Online: 921

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Franken-larger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    You shouldn't have to change the 6" condenser.
    The 4" should be in a frame that fits in the filter drawer. There should be a diagram of the different positions on the inside of the flip=up door.
    Hey John, you're talking about the D2V, the "variable condenser" version. In the earlier D2s (DII also?), a separate condenser was required for each lens (or each film format:35, 6x6, 4x5, etc). It is inconvenient, but not impossible, to change condensers.

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The condenser units I have are basically spun aluminum cylinders that have two lenses inside, arranged convex-to-convex with a spacer between them. They are intechangeable between the two enlargers.

They are just held on by three keyed lugs. Loosen the thumbscrews, rotate the cylinder about 1/8 of a turn then pull the lift handle to raise the lamphouse. Slide the unit out, put the new one in its place and line it up. Lower the lamp, rotate it back to lock it in and tighten the screws.

I've got two different ones. A 6" dia. and a 4-1/2" dia. which I presume are for 4"x5" and for 6cm. square, respectively.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin