Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,627   Online: 987

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Idonex View Post
    Hi there, i just picked up a Meopta Axomatic 5 Standard for next to nothing and it all looks fine, except it has no filter drawer (its not missing, just doesn't seem to feature one). This is my first foray into doing my own prints outside of a few hours in a darkroom for a course i did. In that we always used filters. Can i use multigrade paper without filters, or will i need some graded paper?

I see Ilford sell under lens filters but do these actually "fit" the lenses or do you need to hold them under the lens yourself while the lamp is?

Thanks
    does your one look like this?

http://automation-drive.com/meopta-axomat-5a

is number 6 not where filters go?

my apologies , I see you wrote `standard'..I tried under lens filters [ Ilford] on a Meopta Opemus and they did not fit very well, just check somehow first before you purchase.
    Last edited by Craig Swensson; 11-13-2012 at 01:47 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additional info

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    The Ilford under-the-lens kit comes with a bracket. You have an option of using 3 bolts that comes with it to clamp onto the barrel of the lens OR use a thin metal frame with 3 prongs that goes between the lens and the lens board and hang the bracket under the lens.
    Another option is to find a Cokin A series ring to screw on to the front of the lens (if it is threaded) and slip the holder over it. Not a perfect fit, but it works for some lenses when the three legged spider doesn't work out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin