Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,420   Online: 821

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Samigon enlarger question

My new-to-me Samigon enlarger came without a bulb. Does anyone know what the correct bulb is for this enlarger? Or does it even matter, so long as it fits the socket?

Thanks in advance;

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check inside any doors or openings in the enlarger head - you may find a model number or even a label indicating which bulb it is designed for.

Samigon is one of those re-branding companies - if you post a photo of the enlarger, someone may recognize it and have the answer.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No brand name or model number that I could find. The lens is branded Samigon. The white ceramic unit that the bulb screws into is labeled as follows:

TE-26 250V 6A
    41-2059

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's what it looks like. Any help identifying the correct bulb would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-11-06_07.44.30.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I should add that the bulb socket is a standard screw-in type, E-26. The bulb sits vertically in the housing, and it's rigged for US power.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More than likely it takes a PH211 75W enlarging bulb.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, a 211 is 75Watts a 212 is 150. 75W should be plenty.
    You do need a real enlarger bulb. There's no printing on the top of the lamp and they have a much more even light.
    Any standard lamp will fit but because of the markings on the top you will get some interesting results. GE 60W 120V. they
    won't be very obvious unless there's a goodly amount of sky or snow. If the subject is busy/cluttered you may not even see it.
    The bay has a number of folks selling asian bulbs for not much $$$
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks! I ordered one from freestyle. I'll tell you how it comes out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 131802 View Post
    Thanks! I ordered one from freestyle. I'll tell you how it comes out.
    If it works well, be sure to order a second one - enlarger bulbs always burn out at the worst time possible!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin