Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,132   Online: 1152

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If that is all that is wrong with it you got a pretty good deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speeduk View Post
    I don't want to keep this machine without it arriving working.
    Numerous times I have bought items off ebay and elsewhere which required adjustments to get them to work properly or optimally. I don't consider needing an easily done adjustment to be the same as defective, because it's just sort of the nature of buying used. It could have even happened during shipping.
    If a quick adjustment solves the problem, why go to the trouble, time, and bad feelings of a dispute, along with sending the unit back and finding another if you prevail? If the problem can be readily solved, solve the problem and get on with doing what you bought it for.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have run my Jobo without water and the heater turned off.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    You won't kill it by running it with the thermostat below ambient temperature, it shouldn't come on at all.

As for the reverse switch - happy to get some photos of mine in action (yes, that's mine in the video he attached!) so you can work out how the reverse works..

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can follow the expert advice given in this thread and get it working then I would keep it. Seller does come across as a jerk so you can always leave bad feedback for him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, didn't Jobo say parts are once again available?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About two years ago Jobo's German (Europe) service told me they had enough spares for all processors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CPE2 is a small robust processor. You can turn it on for a short time to check the motor, no problem. But I won't turn on without water for any longer.

My stance with the auction is that: after you receive the item and find any ANY problem, immediately report it to the seller with evidence. If you do anything with it, you void the default (unspoken) rules on warranty and return. Then the item becomes your property and the seller can refuse to take it back. In your case, your video is the clear evidence that you turned on the machine without water, which is against the Jobo instruction. The instruction manual clearly says "10) Never operate unit without water in bottom trough. Water level should be at least 5 inches above the bottom of the unit."

From what you described, you should be able to adjust it to a good working condition. Spend some time and fix it by yourself.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speeduk View Post
    Thanks all. I have raised a Paypal dispute so I will let them decide.
    What's the status now? Thanks

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin