Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,605   Online: 1227

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rodenstock Rodagon 2.8/50 or Schneider Componon-S 2.8/50?

Both are popular modern enlarger lenses, I do not know which one to choose. I have both. The Rodenstock is heavy. Which one has a better performance?
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one that is not foggy.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would go for the Rodenstock. Far better build quality and doesn't feel quite so 'plasticky'. If you can get the APO version they are tremendous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are both excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    I would go for the Rodenstock. Far better build quality and doesn't feel quite so 'plasticky'. If you can get the APO version they are tremendous.
    I do have the APO 50mm lens. I'll put it on and give it a try. Not sure if I can tell the differences. I'm not making very large prints now.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both good glass (I have them, too). I'd stick with the APO if it seems clear and solid. These are known to be best performing at relatively open apertures and I use mine at 5.6 mostly as with my equipment and materials, it gives me about the right exposure times, allowing for some dodging/burning. You will have very little depth of field forgiveness at open apertures, so aligning your enlarger becomes doubly important for extracting what that good APO lens can deliver.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you already have an APO 50mm, why are you looking at getting another 50mm lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have multiple enlargers. They use different mounts. The APO is already mounted on another enlarger. For this one I just received a new mount and is going to replace the Nikkor 50mm with either the Schneider or Rodenstock. Both are good and I have no opinion...
    A photo amateur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now I understand. I have a few enlargers, too, but I use the same lenses on the different enlargers. I just mount the lens on the appropriate board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If any of your enlargers are Omega D series, some of the 50mm lenses work better than others with some of the mounting systems.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin