Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,876   Online: 969

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format

$1700??? For that???

I want a marble enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Ok seriously... $1700 for the chasis only??? You're kidding me. Am I missing something here?

Beseler 45MXT Enlarger (Chassis Only)
    hey chris

no you are not missing anything

a new hassleblad costs thousands
    a used one a few hundred
    same thing, isn't it ?

anything used is peanuts when there isn't a market for it ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I want a marble enlarger.
    Your marbles too small then?

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    I paid $10 for my wallet, I think.
    I have a wallet which my son made for me - out of gaffer tape! Much cheaper than $10.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really need something! sit on ebay and wait, update newly listed every 30min, some people just want to sell and get rid of it. That's how I got my 45V XL with computerized head, DATA module (working) and 1 extra module chip for 200 bucks with buy it now. All the good stuff / deals with buy it now are sold probably within a couple of hours of listing, and usually by people looking to flip it as a business. For 200 bucks I could have flipped it for 4, and someone would have tried to flip that for 7-8. I've also seen it happen, item sold and two days later relisted by the buyer using same photos, hasn't even taken possession.
    To the advert I say it is the same as everything. You buy a new car for 20K, or buy all the parts seperately and it costs you 100k. If interested I have a toilet seat off a US Navy battleship I'll sell you for 300 bucks, its been battle tested! PT Barnum was right.

Anybody see the box of hostess twinkies listed for $21,000,000.00 - 10 available- shop early the holidays are coming.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Your marbles too small then?

Steve.
    Nice one. I can see Sid James deliver this line in the right "Carry On" film

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    As a university, we are not allowed to purchase used equipment, so when we have to replace our machines every few years, they are all new.
    I feel your pain, I worked as a music teacher for several years and was frustrated by this same problem. There are hordes of perfectly usable student trumpets out there for $100 each, yet I was forced to waste $500 or more to buy them new because that was school policy. Administrators would constantly ask us to "Stretch your budget", yet only if it was stretched on their terms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin