Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,633   Online: 1170

Leaking Jobo ATL-1500

Anyone else using this unit?

I just set one up and water is leaking out of the outflow tube on the bottom which is quite secure. I think its because there isn't a complete gradiant between the unit and sink/outflow pipe. I am going to ask the plumber to come back and change it

My question is, is there any other reason that would cause this?
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There are 2 exits for the water bath on a Jobo, the overflow tube and the drain. If it's the drain, it may be leaking around the gasket to the trough or the faucet itself. Can you identify where it is leaking exactly?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

It coming out of the left horizontal tube (the one that has a long tube connected to it). This is as you are looking at the back of the unit. Only when a lot of water is ejected. I think the siphon is being created and water is standing in the tube and flowing back to the unit, coming out of the seal between the two tubes. I think the seal on the tube only wants to have water flow in one direction (its not tight enough if water backs up).

Does this help?
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin