Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,822   Online: 1077

Shooter
    Multi Format

What are the Differences between ColorStar (3000) and Colorline (5000/7000)

Jobo used to market both lines: colorstar and colorline. What are the major differences?

It appears colorstar 3000 is the most popular one in the colorstar line. But there are 2000 and 6000.

This is for color analyzer.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lici was the OEM vendor of the colorstar 2000 and 3000. 3000 has an 8 chanel version (i have) and a 255 or so memory version also.

Then Jobo went on to make their own, 5000/7000. I anecdotally recall that they were described in old posts as not as intuitive to use. Like pull out the manual to try to recall how to make the machine do what you want. I find the Colorstar very intuitive to use. I think the 5000 allowed different reciprocity failure compensation adjustments per color, while with Lici it is one 'slope adjustment' for all theree colur measurements at once.

I work with all sorts of old paper, and have yet to use the reciprocity setting when analysing a negative to make a good second print. I find even with the analyser, I usually want to tweak something in the second print, even if it is not the filtration or exposure.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I've learnt after posting my message: both colorline devices have the capability to do the slope, or the reciprocity failure, as you just mentioned. 7000 is totally menu driven and there are on-screen directions, so you do not have to look up manual in the dark.

Them someone mentioned colorstar is the only device that can do all 3 colors at the same time.

I do not know much about the differences on the ways they do the calibrations.

It appears more colorstar devices were made than the Jobo colorline.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin