Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,177   Online: 689

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Filtration water & taps - Darkroom refurbs

Hello all,

My lovely darkroom is gettting refurbished to make it smaller. Everything is getting reshuffled around, and I am doing the floor plans at the moment.
    I would appreciate your advice for a CHEAP solution with regards to taps and water filtration.

At the moment I have two taps, for cold and hot water. They have hooze locks system on them so that I can clip hoozes, and printer washers to them direct. I have a hoozelock option to mix cold and hot water, and then another to split the flow into 2 so I could have 2 different water flows.
    I have a problem with the quality of the water, lots of impurities into it. I am not sure if it is because the studio is located by the thames (may be the water is coming from the thames?). Definitely not drinking water there!.

For the refurb, the taps need to move. I am wondering whether it would be possible to have a cheap filtration system that would filter the water, and may be give me an easier solution for mixing cold and hot water.

Many thanks !

Delphine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A simple Brita (or similar) filter water jug will take out the worst from London water for final rinses or making up chemistry.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the US there are simple in-line filter cartridges that we can get at a local hardware store that mount under a cabinet available at a local hardware store or plumbing supply place. The hot water is another issue.....double check to see whether those cartridges are usable on a hot water line.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin