Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,089   Online: 915

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a Jobo 3010 Expert Drum new for about $300 from FreeStyle [an APUG Sponsor] in Los Angeles. It can handle up to 10 sheets of 4"x5" film. I have used it for black & white and for color C-41 processing and it is worth every cent that I paid for it.

The Jobo 3004 Expert tank can process up to 4 sheets of 5"x7", 4 sheets of 8"x10", or 4 sheets of 8.5"x12".
    The Jobo 3005 Expert tank can process up to 5 sheets of 5"x7", or 5 sheets of 8"x10".

Think beyond the upcoming trip. If you keep your Jobo processor you could be processing black & white and color film for years in these tanks.

I hope that helps.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I use process lenses on my camera to shoot infinity. Are you saying that I shouldn't? Do we stop shooting X-Ray film for our cameras? Should Caffinol be banned and the beans used for making coffee? Do those who use Surveyors' tripods have to trade in their cameras for Theodolites? No more using black t-shirts as dark cloths? Should I not hike in tennis shoes? Do I need to stop using clothes pegs to hang film?

Find me some evidence that shows that 2800 series drums ACTUALLY causes issues and I might subscribe to your theory.
    I do not have evidence because I do not do that. I just repeat what Jobo says in its manual.

I like to have the peace of mind know that I'm doing the right things....

I'm not saying other are wrong. I may try it some day for fun, but I won't do it for my work.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I found this where the caution is written (lower part of the page).

What I haven't found is anyone actually stating that they've had a problem with 2800 series/ sheet film. I have, however, found myriad different comments about successfully using them.
    I posted a link to a discussion about using the 2800 drums for 8x10 film and in that discussion I noted that FP4 8x10 would occasionally stick to the drum and it made permanent marks on the back that did not go away with re-fixing and/or re-washing. So, there are some combinations of film, developer and drum that don't mix. Presently I use both the expert and 2800 drums with T-max developer and Ilford HP5 8x10 film without getting marks on the back. I even wash the film in the 2800 drums but I rinse the back of the film in a tray of water before the photoflo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that on the edge, or random spot on the back?

One thing I've been thinking is that, if you just process one sheet of film and do not use the rails, you may be able to get away with using 28xx/25xx tanks. The film would float in the chemicals, but the no direct contact with the rails...
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Is Jobo continuing the Expert Drums now that they're making the processors again? I've been wondering that. It seems like the website still lists them, but no one has them...
    We have them .

Jobo never stopped making them, but distribution worldwide has changed a bit.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Is Jobo continuing the Expert Drums now that they're making the processors again? I've been wondering that. It seems like the website still lists them, but no one has them...
    Last time I checked, they were being sold in Germany for significantly less than in the US. You need to remove the EU's sales tax (VAT), as it doesn't apply to non-EU purchases, reducing the price by nearly 20%.

The $600+ price on eBay is just bullshit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Supply and demand. I do not think Jobo has any official distributors in US. This is why our friend krifartida is happily in business.
    A photo amateur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Jobo 3004 Expert drum cost some $120, two thirds of which was sucked by customs office vampires. And I got half a kilo of original München dust with it. Sometimes you get lucky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin