Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,637   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can someone tell me what the final test print you get from the grey color negative? When my calibration is done, my final test strips are always grey greenish. It is nowhere close to the 18% grey card I have.

The color metering is fine, I still need to adjust the actual test prints for both filter settings and exposure time.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    Can someone tell me what the final test print you get from the grey color negative? When my calibration is done, my final test strips are always grey greenish. It is nowhere close to the 18% grey card I have.

The color metering is fine, I still need to adjust the actual test prints for both filter settings and exposure time.
    That exactly sums up my experience as well. I must admit that when I read the F Schultz article and the manual, I got the impression that I should be able to get a very neutral grey piece of RA4 but never did. Maybe you and I are the exceptions but if not then it's a pity that there isn't a P.S. in the article or manual that says " Just ensure that you get within point one or two of the target figures and don't worry if the colour isn't a neutral grey.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frances did say that the first strip she got is a dark blue color. I think I got similar the first time from the 600/600/600 setup.

The other thing is that, the probe is about 1" thick. 1" may make some difference in meter reading. Also, the image is not focused on the probe. This may not make any difference on the semi-integrated probe cover.

Also, the test strip has to be processed perfectly. Somehow, the last time, my test strips had some blue color residual on the un-exposed paper. I believe that is the color of the Fuji paper emulsion. Maybe I did not pre-wash the paper long enough, or because I skipped the rinse stage and just washed the strips in tap (cold) water.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    35mm
    OK try it again as thoroughly and as meticulously as possible and let us know how much closer to neutral grey you can get.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin