Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,840   Online: 890

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Zone VI VC head question

I am wondering how many stops are there between settings?

For example if I set the control box to say 2 1/2 and then change it to 2 what is the stop difference? Is it a stop / 1/2 stop , etc?

I am trying to make a change in filtration and wanted to know how much I have t o decrease the time fro exposure? I am moving from 2 to 1 1/2...

Thanks,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's going to depend upon which paper you're using. You'll need to test to find out and then keep notes. Different papers will behave differently, not only in terms of speed, but also in terms of the relative contrast achieved. Just because your control box says "1 1/2" doesn't mean that any two papers exposed at that setting will result in the same contrast.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't know how to use APUG to reply with an attachement. If you like will e-mail to your address.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Yes, please email! That would be awesome!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin