Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,575   Online: 1042

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    If this fits a D2 then maybe it *might* fit my 45MX since I am using the Aristo cold light head that came with my D2...?
    I would be happy to supply the light box as a "universal" 4x5 device without the vertical arms that are specific to the Omega enlarger. This would require manually lifting the box off the negative carrier whenever you changed negatives, however.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Might that be this LED device?
    No, not that one. A different developer and a brand new device that has not been released yet. It sounds quite exciting, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cardiomac View Post
    I would be happy to supply the light box as a "universal" 4x5 device without the vertical arms that are specific to the Omega enlarger. This would require manually lifting the box off the negative carrier whenever you changed negatives, however.
    I am wondering if I can not fabricate some form of adapter plate. What are the dimensions of the box? I just love the idea of cool operating multi-contrast adjustments even if it means using just my iPhone for awhile. If it worked out great then I would move my Stopclock Vario and D2HI head over to my mural enlarger that is currently under construction, no point in wasting a $350+ timer system.

A lot of us split-grade print and loathe the idea of spending $300 and up for a heat generating 500H head with no warranty or parts that is hard to come by in the first place.

It's the kind of innovation that you are doing that is going to be *essential* to keeping would be fine art printers from saying to hell with it and going digital, I am really surprised ILford does not get in on this since it is key...

When it comes to truly professional multigrade printing heads, there is just not crap out there, it's really frustrating.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 12-14-2012 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beseler-45MX...item337e85572e

If you look closely at the top of the headless 45MXT in this ad, you can clearly see that if you were to remove the clamping hardware, there is almost enough room on top for the unit to sit. One would then have to either cut out the two pieces of support metal in the back that would block the box from siting flush, cut slits in the box for the same reason or make a platform that would allow the box to just clear the angles. If the light source is as big or bigger than the round opening then all I would have to do is make a seat for the diffusion box to sit in, it could stay there and not have to be removed each time I swap negs. I fab stuff out of aluminum all the time, if this generates little to no heat, I could make life even easier and do it out of a combo of black plastic and aluminum.

Ultimately, it depends on what the dimensions of the box are....

If I can get this to work...I think I am in. I would use my iPad-2 without hesitation, would love to not have to put MG filters in front of my Apo-N enlarging lenses all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    The OP says this Model 3 version is built into the same external housing as the Model 2. If you look at the Model 2 on his website:

Modern Enlarger Lamps, Model 2

you can see the Omega-specific 4 horizontal bars that match up with the raising/lowering carriage assembly unit unique to the D-series. It's not a circular Aristo-style drop-in. However, since I don't own a Beseler 45MX, I can't say if it might be adaptable or not. I'd be curious if you think so...

Ken
    Last edited by PKM-25; 12-14-2012 at 01:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I am wondering if I can not fabricate some form of adapter plate. What are the dimensions of the box?
    The outer dimensions of the box are exactly 5" x 6" in length and width, and about 5" high including the heat sink. The opening in the bottom is just a hair over 4" by 5". I think you could make an adapter to non-destructively fit it to your 45MX. Is it possible to remove entirely the enlarger's upper bellows so that the lamp house may rest directly on the negative carrier? If so, the project would be very easy. If not, then your idea of constructing a spacer plate seems feasible. There may even be a small market for such a device as it would work for the Model 2 lamp house as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin