Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,700   Online: 1219

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

New VC Diffusion Lamp House

This is a demo video of a new LED based variable contrast lamp house I'm building for the Omega D series enlargers. The final product will be very similar to my Model 2 lamp house. I am interested in any feedback anyone has to offer. Thank you.

http://youtu.be/bg-lBWiLZlU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great. Does it only work with the phone?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Looks great. Does it only work with the phone?
    Thanks.

It works with any Bluetooth 4.0 IOS device. That includes the iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, the latest iPod, the third and fourth generation iPad, and the iPad mini. Android devices are not supported.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very, very interested. I'm currently using an Aristo VCL400 with brand new replacement tubes. Would like to compare notes.

Will get in touch tomorrow evening. Have a number of observations and questions, but ran out of time tonight...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very interesting........

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    How strong is the light output, have you measured it against lets say an 150w bulb in the enlarger ? if the out put is strong I am interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    One thing that springs to mind, how about turning off the Bluetooth-device display during exposure? If one has a long exposure to make it would be easier to have the display off than to shield it, and the pseudo-metronome is great.

It looks very interesting

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    How strong is the light output, have you measured it against lets say an 150w bulb in the enlarger ? if the out put is strong I am interested.
    It's pretty bright but I'll do some objective comparisons to a 150W condenser head this evening and post the results here.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    One thing that springs to mind, how about turning off the Bluetooth-device display during exposure? If one has a long exposure to make it would be easier to have the display off than to shield it, and the pseudo-metronome is great.
    The app just sends a burst of data at the beginning of an exposure to a microcomputer in the lamp head. The microcomputer does the actual timing. The phone can actually be shut down during an exposure and the timing will still proceed correctly.

The light from the phone set at lowest brightness (still quite visible in the darkroom) seems to be paper safe at a distance of 12 inches or so but I haven't rigorously tested it. The colors for the buttons were chosen so as to have minimal effect on photographic paper. However if you wanted to be absolutely sure, your options are to sleep the phone, cover the display with a red gel (like from an office supply store), or simply flip the phone over on it's face.

Thanks everyone for their comments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't tell from the video but is the contrast controlled with LED intensity or time? Does it require two exposures?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I can't tell from the video but is the contrast controlled with LED intensity or time? Does it require two exposures?
    Only one exposure is needed. The blue and green LED's are set to specific brightness levels at the beginning of each exposure and are held there throughout the exposure. The brightness levels are chosen so that mid gray is held fairly constant throughout the contrast range. Contrast is set in the conventional way from 0 to 5. Future versions of the software will allow user calibration of contrast for a specific paper/developer combination.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin