Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,557   Online: 1020

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst SM-45 (138S) Enlarger Lens Advice

I want to enlarge my 4x5 negatives to 16 x 20. I don't have a lens board that will fit my Nikor 150mm lens so I used my Nikor 135mm and two durst 240 condensors.

The 135 just does'nt quite give me enough coverage at 16 x 20.

Being that it does not seem that Durst makes a lens board with a 50mm thread i'm thinking about sending an extra lens board and my 150 mm Nikor to SK Grimes and let them fit my 150 lens to the board.

But, before I go to the trouble to have my 150 fitted, is the lens I should be using ?

I'm not above buying a new 150mm Schneider and having that fitted if the Schneider will be a batter lens in the long run

If I'm going to have this done I want to do it with a very good lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hold the phone. As it turns out I have a Schneider Componon-S 150mm lens. (I need to check my inventory more often).

So, any advice on which lens to use, the 150 Nikor or the 150 Schneider ?

Either one will have to have a lens board machined.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As it turns out I misread my manual. I should be using a 200 condenser under the 240. My Nikor 135 seems to cover well at 16 x 20.

I'm still interested in advice as to which lens would be optimum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can tell the three lenses apart by looking at prints then one of them is buggered up.

joh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There should be Durst lensboards with 50mm thread....I have one for my 150mm Schneider Componon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Joh,
    Thanks for the info. Do you have the number of the lens board ?
    Thanks,
    Charles

joh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sorry, there stands nothing on it, but it could be a lapla 50......Durst-Pro-usa seems to have it in stock
    http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/lensboa...#TabbedPanels1

Lapla's seems to be flat boards, my is 10mm extended...maybe better if you have a Lens turret
    Last edited by joh; 11-28-2012 at 09:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beware -- the older 150mm El Nikkor actually has a 53mm thread. The LAPLA 53 does show up on the evil auction site from time to time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin