Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,401   Online: 1094

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Help: First darkroom

Hi, Im in Perth and about to set up my first permantent darkroom. This has come up,

Durst Laborator 1200 with Ilford Ilfospeed Multigrade 500s Timer and Grade Mixer, in very good condition. 35mm kit: Negative holder and Rodagon 1:2.8 F50mm Lens. 6x6cm kit: Negative holder and Rodenstock 1:5.6 F105mm Lens. 5x4" Glass Negative Holder and Rodagon 1:5.6 F150mm Lens
    It looks mint, and is in a darkroom (not in a dusty shed). I shoot 35,6x6 and 4x5. Whilst Id like to shoot 8x10 one day, I have enough to learn. I have heard of Durst, and was dreaming of a 138 one day, but then this is cheap and local.

Daniel.

Ps. If there is anyone in inner suburbs perth who'd like to give some advice, it would be welcome!
    Last edited by snaggs; 12-01-2012 at 08:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    You wold have difficulty finding a better enlarger and lenses. Go for it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    good god, get over there and grab it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Regardless of what enlarger you start with you'll do fine, this sound like a fine kit.

The other thing about a first enlarger is that you get to figure out what works and what doesn't for you, makes buying decisions for the next enlarger easier.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The other thing to remember as you go forward is that typically the lenses interchange and all the supporting equipment remains.

This also gives you the ability to wait for a really great deal on the "perfect" enlarger.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Ilford 500H light source, 500S power supply, and 500C (or CPM) controller are nice to use. I'd recommend getting a foot switch for it, too. Like all choices, these have their pluses and minuses, but overall, I think it is a good system. If you get it, and have any questions about its functioning or maintenance, I'd be happy to offer advice (from Ireland), and I'm sure you'll find other users of it here, too.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you got it yet?!!!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just contact print your 8x10's for everything else grab this. You won't regret it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another rec to buy it.
    It's an excellent setup and as mentioned above contact your 810's.
    If you eventually decide to go to 810 look for a process camera to convert to an enlarger. Gonna need to be creative with it though.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I wasn't half a world away, I'd try to beat you to it and I already have a Durst CE 1000 c/w a 450 colour head.
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin