Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 797

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What size is it ?

I know a man who restores things like this

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 12-07-2012 at 03:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you might want to call it a candle powered lantern slide projector. That should get a fair bit more historical people interested.

Glass negatives processed directly via reversal, or more often as contact copies of original negatives were the first sort of travelogue imaging shows to become available.

They were the first way you may hope to glimpse a place you may never visit.

Print images came a fair bit later than text in newspapers and magazines, and this thing likely predates widespread print imaging.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies. I took it out of the box and assembled it as far as I could. Here are a couple of photos, one of the c.30cm lens. I don't really have anything I could usefully do with it, all my great-grandfather's glass slides are miles away in my uncle's shed...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enlarger.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	60938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lens.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	60939

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you thought of the Fox Talbot museum at Laycock Abbey?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think any museum will have it. They tend to have strict collection policies that stop them from taking items in bad condition because it is so hard for them to get rid of stuff once they've take it (for example if a better example comes along after). Having said that, I'll get in touch with Laycock as I won't know unless I ask, thanks for the tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin