Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,443   Online: 1166

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd also look for used DevTec heaters. Looks basically like those bbq charcoal starters with the heating element but is submersible and has a thermostat and temperature control. It's designed for warm temps so it won't maintain do 20° c unless you cycle it. Used to use it for processing Tmax films at 100° F.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Don't food warmers have too high a minimum temp? Seems like you would want to keep food temps pretty high to avoid health issues.
    Your objection is sensible. One should look for one with a suitable temperature range. That should be fine for colour. For B&W I would just adjust development temperature, but I have no idea what temperature paper developer needs because I don't print. I gave for granted that colour paper needed high temperature but that might not be the case.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Unfortunately I don't think mats would be the best option for me in a 100 year old farmhouse". I live in a 120 plus year old farmhouse with a cold basement and that is why I use the mats. Not to heat the room (which stays at 55F) but just the trays. Unfortunately, the 20x48" is more like $80, not $20.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Insulating the basement would help lower the heating bills for the house. Plus you might find there is grant money available to help pay for it.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use this in my sink to keep the water bath steady. Trays seem to hold within 0.5 C.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin