Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,706   Online: 710

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Favorite develping tank?

To Sumerian read below.

I agree with southmine about the samigon reels, and I MUST apologize to the community for anyone that read my post about how JOBO reels were easier than Patterson, I meant SAMIGON, it's the Samigon that I've been using and forgot that when I purchased the JOBO tank at B&H it didn't come with reels and the salesmen handed me the samigon. Later I hacked up the JOBO tank to make a custom 70mm tank, when I went to my local store they only had Patterson, the tank looked strange but I really didn't want to take a trip into NY just for a damn tank so I bought it, came with Patterson reels too. and IMHO the Patterson tank is amazing, it doesn't leak at all! It is a pain with the lid, but once you get used to it it's fine. The JOBO was constantly leaking, especially with color films, the heat expansion or something pushed chemical out of the lid even if I "burped" it. But not with the Patterson. Also, both Patterson and JOBO reels suck. The Samigon (or theres another brand kalt or Kault or something like that) they have a tongue that sticks out so you can lay the film on it that helps feed it in really nicely.

to summarize.

Patterson tank
    Samigon reels

Also, someone mentioned 110 reels by JOBO? JOBO reels fit in Patterson tanks and vice versa, they both have the same diameter center.

Side note to the OP... If you aren't using that MOD54... I will really need one soon and would buy a used one from you if you live in the USA.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Aspen View Post
    I don't have a stainless steel tank that doesn't leak, including three Nikor tanks, a Simmons-Omega, a Tundra and several Taiwanese specials.
    I have found that the tanks, lids, and caps of SS tanks are not interchangeable so I have scratched a mark on the members of each set. Keeping things together greatly reduces any leakage. Kindermann style plastic lids also work very well.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Favorite develping tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Patterson tanks and reels, I use the 2, 3, and 5 reel sizes. Stainless steel never felt right in my hands, and led to the constant worry of creasing the film, jumping one section of the spiral and having to go back and reroll because the film doesnt fit all on, and taking care not to drop them or they get bent. Bent stainless steel reels are the worst... ugh and you never because they get lost in the pile and when you try to load it in the dark thats always the time to find it.
    What he said about SS reels...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i moved from patterson to jobo but regret the move due to the leaks owith the jobos.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of the three tanks I use two of them are the Paterson Tank System4, which I prefer to the newer "bayonet funnel Paterson tanks" these two I use for 120 with with two rolls on a reel. The other one is an AP two roll (135) tank, I like it's reels a lot for 120 since the loading flanges are a lot wider. The normal Paterson reels get used for 135.

I never could get the hang of ss tanks (I have 120 & 135 Nikor tanks & reels) but after screwing up a couple of rolls I have put them in storage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kindermann SS 4-reel tank. It doesn't leak a bit. Their smaller tanks with thinner walls do leak. The 4-reel is also rather stingy on chemicals as it only takes 1 litre to fill it up. The downside is that it's heavy so my arm starts to ache sooner or later. Maybe I should try stand development someday

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys, I'm using paterson at the moment no real problems with it I guess I'm just use to it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Favorite develping tank?

Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Kindermann SS 4-reel tank. It doesn't leak a bit. Their smaller tanks with thinner walls do leak. The 4-reel is also rather stingy on chemicals as it only takes 1 litre to fill it up. The downside is that it's heavy so my arm starts to ache sooner or later. Maybe I should try stand development someday
    Going to the gym might help :-p ohhhh! Hehe

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For sheet film, trays.

For 35mm, the same old Kindermann stainless tank with flexible plastic lid my father used. It's still like new after 40 years, and has never leaked a drop or given me any kind of problem whatsoever. I use a Hewes stainless steel reel. My understanding is many of the new cheapo stainless tanks with plastic lids are of lesser quality. Never tried one.

One potential advantage of the Paterson system is the rapid fill/dump compared with stainless tanks. If you fill/dump with the lid on (ie in daylight), it is best to get the liquid in and out of the tank as quickly as possible to lessen the risk of uneven development. This can potentially be a problem with large stainless tanks (say bigger than a two reel tank) if you are filling through the lid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Going to the gym might help :-p ohhhh! Hehe
    Too busy shuffling the snow lately...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin