Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,436   Online: 832

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Anyone with news about Darkroom Automation's f-stop timer??

I've been trying to get info on Darkroom Automation's f-stop timer without success. My email and PM have gone unanswered. The website indicates that the timer is sold out, but no idea if it will still be produced or not. Anyone know something I don't?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I emailed them a few weeks ago and have had no response.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicholas Lindan is Darkroom Automation: http://www.apug.org/forums/members/nicholas-lindan/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last production run of the timer has sold out.

Timers may be available again next year, probably late spring.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Nicholas. Too bad as I'm looking to buy a timer that would help with my split grade printing in the next month or so....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh, while I have your attention, is it possible to have a copy of the user manual for the f-stop timer? The link on your website seems broken...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Found it on another link! Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sorry to hear that the timer you are looking for, from Nicholas, is not available at the moment. As you need one urgently, consider the RH Designs StopClock, as an alternative. I have used it extensively when I was split-grade printing.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Rafal. Yes, I currently use the analyzer pro from RH designs and it is a fine machine. I never thought I would get rid of it except that I changed my working method in the last 2 years. I don't use or need a meter any longer, and would like a timer that could facilitate my split grade printing. The two that I'm considering are the f-stop timer and the stopclock pro. I'm not sure that there are any others to think about?? Oh, I can do quite well with the analyzer pro, no real urgency. It's just that I've been thinking about this for about a year now and I'd like to settle on another timer before spring.

p.s., you make very interesting work Rafal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Luigi, thank you, very much, for your kind words about my work.

I have started with the Analyzer Pro, which I have replaced with the StopClock, almost straight away. I just did not have the need for the Analyzer part, but I wanted a good split-grade system, with f-stop timing. StopClock was better than the Analyzer in that respect, more flexible, and I found it easier to use. However, a while back, I pretty much quit split-grade, and I am back where I started, working with set contrasts. I still burn with various grades, almost always. Occasionally, I will use ZoneMaster, especially when changing enlargement ratios. If, however, I was going to split-grade again, I'm sure I wold use the StopClock, it is a fine instrument. I wish I could compare it to Nicholas's device, but I have no experience of it.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin